Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

LT80 - thanks:-) and locked solid SOLVED

Old 06-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT80 - thanks:-) and locked solid SOLVED

Hi all,

A big thanks to you all as I researched this site so that I could decide on what quad to buy. I settled on a LT80 and used this site so that I knew what to look for when buying.

Anyway I got a 1997 and it only had 70psi compression, so I put in a new top end and shaved the head. Also serviced the clutches (removed 2 rollers), cut the footpegs (makes life a lot easier for future clutch work), bypassed the oil pump, got a pull starter for it, installed fuel filter and new On/Off tap, Boyesen reeds, added 2.5" spacers all round.

It now goes great so thank you all - especially 'LT80' (Jack I think?) as the information here was really useful.

Just as a piece of useful information for you all - after I had put it all back together it would not turn over and was locked solid.

I thought that I had stuffed up the clutches, but in the end it turned out to be a bolt that was too long on the pullstart cover at the '9 oclock' position. I had replaced the bolts with socket (hex) screws and I accidentally used one that was too long (15mm instead of 12mm) and that was jamming the front fixed drive face. Simple

Just a quick question - should I block off the vaccuum port from the carb as the new fuel on/off tap does not use vaccuum.

Cheers from New Zealand.

Steve.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Welcome to the forums.
Yes, you need to block off the vaccum port.

I have a motor in NZ. Seen a fast one down that way?
I have a cpl motors in Australia but I heard they got stole....BAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO!
I'm told that's a NZ joke.

Your very welcome. As you seen, there are alot of good mates here to help.
Have fun!

Old 06-18-2012, 08:50 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sengle
LT80 - thanks:-) and locked solid SOLVED

better get a second opinion on any advice lt80 gives you.... he's been known to not take his meds for weeks at a time and start giving out faulty info

lt80