Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Throttle Hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Hesitation

Gents:
Bought my daughters a 2005 Polaris Predator 50cc yesterday. Seemingly nice machine. I know this machine sat for a while.

When I first tested it, I noticed immediately that the choke must be out or it stalled immediately - even after warm. It eventually stalled with the choke out also. Further, there was lots of hesitation - to the point where I would give it full throttle and it would bog down and almost stall; took some revving to get back (but when she ran, she ran strong).

I cleaned the carb and air filter and tested it again. A good portion of the throttle hesitation is gone, though still has the tendancy to lose power after 30 seconds of full throttle. Choke still must be out. I adjusted the throttle so at least it does not stall at idle with choke out (still stalls with choke in).

Again, when she runs, she runs strong but it "bogs" down after a short period where I need to rev it a few times to get it going again. Still must ease into full throttle to get to speed (can't hammer on the throttle to get a full response). I now plan on burning out all the gas and draining the injector oil to replace all with new. Spark plug is fine (NGK - R).

Thoughts? Thanks.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like still may have a little junk in carb.Clean jets real good? It's a good idea to just remove your oil injection system and run a good pre-mix if your working on it anyways.(top-end insurance)My neighbor had a bog problem similar and his was the clutch rollers in front variator.Have you checked for factory restrictors?I know theres a restrictor plate about 6in. inside of muffler. Hope this helps!