Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Eton viper 90R shift motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 09:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eton viper 90R shift motor

I am trying to locate a discontinued shift motor part number 811681 it is for a Eton Viper 90r and no one seems to carry it. Has anyone had the luck of finding one or does anyone know if this can be rebuilt? If so who would rebuild it (type of business) or where did you find one! Thanks so much, my grandson wants to ride again!

Old 04-26-2016, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

Try here for a new one...tho I'm not sure if they have one but...maybe.
E-Ton ATVs : Get 2 It Sales, LLC, ATV, Dirt Bike, Go Kart, Moped, Scooter Parts!

Old 04-26-2016, 01:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default thanks for the suggestion

They say no longer available. Thanks for responding Fasteratv!

Old 04-26-2016, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Pgmyr
They say no longer available. Thanks for responding Fasteratv!
Your welcome. Hey, it's a DC motor so it should be rebuildable...cleaning and brushes......by a starter shop I would imagine. BTW, did you prove it faulty? Lot's of other things can go wrong with the F/R Etons. Sensors, CDI, connections.... plus many other things....idle too high and it won't shift, will die, left brake switch ( if I remember correctly ) must be pulled in, or it will die. I say this because I have worked on a few of them, never had a bad shift motor on any of them....

Old 04-26-2016, 02:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default fasteratv

My son-in-law took it to a 4 wheeler shop that sold them and they checked it out, they said it was bad. The 4 wheeler would not start as it was stuck in R and could not get it out. So assuming they are right and the elect shift motor is in fact bad, they could not locate one! We brought the 4 wheeler home and I have been looking for one for a while. Wondered if someone could rebuilt it & what type of shop to take it to! Or maybe it can be bypassed and just do not use reverse?

Thank-you for the ideas!

Old 04-26-2016, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Pgmyr
My son-in-law took it to a 4 wheeler shop that sold them and they checked it out, they said it was bad. The 4 wheeler would not start as it was stuck in R and could not get it out. So assuming they are right and the elect shift motor is in fact bad, they could not locate one! We brought the 4 wheeler home and I have been looking for one for a while. Wondered if someone could rebuilt it & what type of shop to take it to! Or maybe it can be bypassed and just do not use reverse?

Thank-you for the ideas!
Well, it's a very small DC motor but if you pull it and take it to a starter shop, they might be able to purchase ( or have ) brushes small enough to fit it. I looked at my spare parts, thought I might have one of the motors, but I don't. I don't think you can bypass the motor as it's required for forward and neutral as well.....and you would have to trick the sensors and CDI to make it start. You might google it tho. Good luck with it.

Old 04-29-2016, 03:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Before cheap Chinese replacement shift motors were available for 350/450 Hondas I used to make new brushes for them out of worn out starter brushes for the same machines. They wore fast, but would last a year or so.