Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Two 2018 Polaris Outlaw 50’s Shutting Off

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 07:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two 2018 Polaris Outlaw 50’s Shutting Off

I’m having an issue with two brand new 2018 Polaris Outlaw 50’s. One ran great since purchase (3/27/18) while the other acted up from day one. It would immediately fire up with a single press of the start button, run for about 30ish minutes then shut off. A little toying with the choke/throttle and it would fire up but only run about 10-15 minutes before shutting off again. Then the toying with choke/throttle would take longer to get it started only to have it run a few minutes less each time before cutting out and not restarting at all. It would just turn over but never start/fire up. I let it sit overnight, it fires right up the next day only to have the whole process start again. Day after day. After 3 months I brought the one cutting out to the dealer, explained the situation and left it with them. A few days later I went to pick it up. They say that nothing is wrong with it but that they cleaned the carb and charged the battery. I brought it home, ran it the next day and it started happening again after 30ish minutes. Low and behold, the second one that never had an issue also started cutting out that same day. They both start up the next morning, run about 20/30ish minutes then cut out. Get them restarted, they run about 10 minutes and cut out. Then, no more starting. They just turn and turn but never catch/fire. Can anyone offer any help?

Old 08-22-2018, 02:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

If you can, check if you are getting a spark when the fault is on. Try loosening the filler cap, a faulty tank breather sometimes causes these symptoms, you usually get a sucking sound as you loosen the cap, but if the bike runs OK with a loose cap, that is the fault. If it isn't spark or filler cap, it may be time to take them back to the dealership, but faults have a nasty habit of not appearing for the mechanics. I have a Honda 420ES that the customer swears won't change gear when hot. It always changes fine for us.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:24 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

You need to invite one of the tech's over for a beer so they can watch the kids ride and be their when it starts acting up.. I doubt the techs are riding the machine for 30 min or more to recreate the problem. Probably just letting it sit and idle for 20 min or so and calling it good.