Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Quad for a 5yr old. (girl) which one???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quad for a 5yr old. (girl) which one???

My little girl is turning 5 in may, and I want to get her a quad. SHe is always wanting to go with daddy, and it breaks my heart to tell her no.

she is kinda tall for her age,and has good "motor skills" but still your everyday 5 yr old.(just real dam cute!) lol.

Anyway, what would be a good starter quad for her??? she will probably spend most of her time riding in the back yard, but I will take her out to the sand,and some trails when she gets better at it. I am not real schooled on the features of the little quads, but I heard you get so with a Remote kll switch(I like that)

tell me what brands to stay away from, and which would be good for a little girl.

Thanks,

Biggerisbetter.

Old 02-12-2003, 05:10 PM
CED
Pro Rider

If you can get your hands on a good used Suzuki LT80,thats a pretty good starter quad.And there are plenty aftermarket parts available if you ever want to hop it up a little.My son has been ridin his since he was 3 and he's 9 now,with plenty room to grow.Hope this helps.

Old 02-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

CED,

would that quad be alittle too hard for her to turn??? I was thinking more along the lines of a 40cc, or a 50cc. I won't ba able to slow it down to a "barbe Jeep" speed.

Thanks,

Bigger.

Old 02-12-2003, 06:17 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes, they can grow out of the little bikes (and clothes) pretty fast! My daughter started on a Zinger, then an LT-80, then an LT-160. The LT-80 has a limiter on the throttle, so if she is big for her age, maybe she could start on that and you won't have to replace it so soon. Otherwise I would go with the LT-50.

Old 02-12-2003, 06:40 PM
CED
Pro Rider

Bigger, like reconranger said it has a throttle limiter screw,and it also has a plate in the exhaust to slow it down.The plate can be removed later on as she grows older.It is very easy for a small kid to steer.The LT 50 is a good choice too,but i would think she would outgrow it pretty quick.Later.

Old 02-12-2003, 06:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You bet, put my daughter on hers when she was 6, never rode anything before. you can really slow it down to a crawl. The LT80 engages so fast you dont need much throttle to make them move. She is over 9 now and rides the mess out of it and loves it. They are virtually bullet-proof. Bubba

Old 02-12-2003, 08:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

What does a LT 80 cost???

BIggerisbetter.

Old 02-12-2003, 09:50 PM
CED
Pro Rider

Brand new around $2200 to $2400.You should be able to find a good used one for around $1000 to $1500.Good luck.Later.

Old 02-12-2003, 10:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider

bigger i know you do a lot of sand and the lt-80 is the one, my daughter started at 6 but 5 wouldn't have been a problem. the one thing that i recommend, is all the safty gear and yes it is expensive, but we have had some good crashes, the kind that remind you how fast it is possible to run, and i get there all worried and they give you the look of what is your problem. well you will get all kinds of info, and all i can say is i have pushed a honda a lot and i will never go back... my daughter just came up and read this and said suzuki we also have the ds 90 four, and it would be to hard to start with. good luck, i got our 87 that had a fresh rebuilt on it for $800 but very hard to find like that one... ashley is learning to write so your getting a few extra periods, oh she already knows[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] my mistake on the learning. well get her something they will love going and you will think it is to die for.

Old 02-12-2003, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Bigger, my son is 5 now, will be 6 soon. I started him at about 4 1/2 with an LT50 it has been a great machine. But I am now looking for an LT80 or the kawasaki version.

I would go 80 if I had it to do over again, but it will work out for me as we have another kid on the way. He or she will probably start about 2-3. LOL. I told my wife as soon as he or she can sit up..........

I kind of prefer the name brand machines, because parts are easier to find and all. I live in a small community and we dont have any dealers for the off brand machines.

Bat

Quick Reply: Quad for a 5yr old. (girl) which one???