KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

I found a better quad than a Cannondale Speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I found a better quad than a Cannondale Speed

Yes I searched and searched for a quad that is superior to my Cannondale Speed . Something with more power,long travel suspension and loaded with factory go fast trick parts,built out of exotic super strong steel,aluminum and titanium . Something I could pick up dirt cheap . The only quad that met this criteria was a........Cannondale Moto. I posted a pic on my page.

Old 04-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
what kind of price tag? any updates? Pending approval on the pic...

Old 04-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

Well it was nowhere near the $12,100 invoice sheet on it . Seriously MX , Im not sure most people are Cannondale owner material. There is a downside to them. If you need any work done you pretty much have to be able to do it yourself. How skilled are you at diagnosing fuel injection, repairing dual overhead cam small engines. All dales need the updates and knowledgable hands on maintenence. You could do a lot of damage just changing the tranny filter incorrectly one time. I work on high tech computerized engines full time so this stuff is gravy to me . Although I didnt have any major mechanical problems other than broken bolts and plugged fuel filter with my first one doesnt mean this one will be ultra reliable as well. There are a lot of stories out there about new dales having engine failures right out of the box. The upside is most parts are cheap and readily available and there is a group of owners out there willing to do what it takes to keep each others quads going strong.

Old 04-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

I've been working for my dad's autoshop for the last 6 years, I know what I'm doing. Edit: let's get back to the topic on hand and we can talk about my mechanical history later

Old 04-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

I dont know about your mechanical abilities I just want you to make an informed decision. I have enough spare parts to build another dale from the ground up but I was looking to hog them all for myself. When I was searching for my latest one i found a whole bunch of cannibal and speeds for between $2500 and $3500. Some of them were brand new to. Motos and Blazes were going from between $4000 and $6000.

Old 04-11-2004, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

I know thanks dude, everything was just misinterperated on both sides. When I've said I wanted to get one I was talking for my stepdad not me. He could handle the mechanical issues, but doesn't have the time. I realize how much trouble they can or cannot be. Enjoy your new ride, pics are up now, was that moto in the 12 hours of America race this year?

Old 04-11-2004, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider

She gave it her all for 55 laps . I believe they finished 24th. Kind of cool owning a piece of history.

Old 04-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

That is sweet. I've talked to another Cannondale owner about putting a 'Dale together for the 12 hours race for next year. I'd love to take part in it. I have no question that we could put one together, and that it could do well. Maybe you could enlighten us on the setup tips that were used by the previous team on that quad. I have just about everything needed to do it already I think.

Old 04-11-2004, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

It looks like you just have to get a stock moto and put some pretty decals on it. LOL

Old 04-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

Well I'm slightly improved from stock Moto so maybe I can break the top 20. I didn't know if they had made any 1-off parts for that thing or anything custom. I'm thinking for an endurance race like that one of those Hi-flite Desert seats like Stoess has would be awesome, way more comfortable. Probably need to run a twist throttle so that you didn't absolutely kill your thumbs from holding them... Where can I find out more info on the race? I'd like to see the terrain, etc. so maybe I can start thinking about this stuff. I'd really like to take part and I'm sure I can find some fellow Cannondalers to go in it with me. I already know of another that was interested who got me onto this idea...

Quick Reply: I found a better quad than a Cannondale Speed