KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

How do u like your .......Trout???

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

umm ....i like mine SMOKED!!!!

went to the walden dunes this weekend, ran into a few members. one of then trout we raced and the tranny dropin, axle bustin, under powered, tippy raptor beat the all mighty cdale up the hill! ( not trying to bash the dale)im just tried of hearing " i see piped raptors get smoked all the time by a stock dale" and im just happy my raptor wasn't beat by a cdale!
trout let me ride it and i was very surprised w/ the dale. i liked the power. no jerks when u shift just smooth power, just pulled and pulled.
oh and we got the drag on film, so it will be posted some time!!!
trout...i would like to race again when u get ur new motor!

Old 05-28-2002, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

How were the conditions up at walden? Looking forward to the video.

Old 05-28-2002, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

You sound surprised that you were able to beat that little ole 432CC quad with your big bad modded 660 Craptor!! Well let's see, let's punch out the C'dale another 228CC's and make it an even match. 228CC's, hell that's a whole other motor you got in that quad!! Want to make any wagers about who would win that race up your sand mountain!!??

Why don't you make a trip some weekend to Little Sahara in Oklahoma and please let me know when you will be there!!

Old 05-29-2002, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

Brian - he wasn't bashing the Dale. He was just having some fun w/ Trout after they apperently had a good time racing. You, me, and everyone else does the same thing when they beat someone in a race. If he was bashing, he wouldn't have complimented it in his post.

Disturbed - why did you say, when he gets a new motor? Did something happen to his?

Old 05-29-2002, 01:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider

YO- it started puking (oil) when the raptor past it on the drag strip. Even machines have feelings too. lol

Old 05-29-2002, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-29-2002, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider

KaiserSosei... it was good 60-75 in the day 40's at night, when u going? im going back up june 14,15.

briansgi...
i'll take ur bet... add 228cc to the dale and then EFI to the raptor " hell that's a whole other motor you got in that quad!! " ( u said it not me!) i was surprised that the raptor beat the dale, cuz all i've heard that the dale eats up raptors w/ a pipe and other modds. also i like the dale i kinda want one, but they r so ugly. oh and i'll let u know when i make a little Sahara trip i'll have a 770 raptor by then, only a few bills away.

im not bashing the dale just having a little fun!!!!

Old 05-29-2002, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

Me too, having fun that is!! I like my Raptor BBQ'd BTW!! I was just surprised the C'dale did not win that race. I've dragged plenty of Raptors at LS and fared very well against all of them. But the drags at LS are on a flat section of sand, not up a hill, maybe that makes some difference?

Old 05-29-2002, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Disturbed...

If it were possible without spending a ton, I'd gladly take your bet knowing that EFI does absolutley *NOTHING* for WOT performance when compared to a properly tuned carb.

EFI is purely a rideability/efficiency/tunability thing - it does not increase horsepower. This is shown every weekend at every drag strip in America. EFI is not considered a power adder, like say, a supercharger, nitrous, alcohol, turbo, etc. The C-Dale would develop the same HP whether it was fuel injected or carbureted (in fact, research I've seen by a few suggests that more top end can be developed with a carb instead of EFI on an otherwise identical engine)

Actually from my experience stock C-Dales and stock to mildy modded Raptors are close enough in performance it generally comes down to the rider...

Old 05-29-2002, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

disturbed,
how long was the race...200',300',1000'
did you take the holeshot?...or did you have to play catch up and take him near the end?
give us some more details...inquiring minds want to know.what was the distance at the finish between the 2 quads?how many times did you guys race...etc.