KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Complete 2003 Cannondale Lineup

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2002, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kory Ellis and Jeremy Schell ARE excellent racers but unfortunately for them, Tim Farr, Doug Gust, and Jerimiah Jones are friggin monsters on quads. Jeremy Schell just came back to racing after a 2 year retirement from the GNC's and Kory Ellis's finishes are about the same or mabey even a little better than last years finishes so it's kind of hard to tell.

As of RIGHT NOW, Cannondale do have limited potential. What the aftermarket companies have planned in the future to bump up HP is unknown right now. Trinity is being really secretive about the work they are doing with the engine right now. I could tell you what I think would boost HP but like you said, it's completely different technology and as of right now, the fact is plain and simple, you know just as much as I do because the companies aren't releasing any info until they get it all figured out. Thats just one of the down falls to having a motor thats this far ahead of the competition... it just caught the people off gaurd and they are trying to catch up (perf. parts wise).

Old 06-16-2002, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

<< I'm not trying to bust you C-Dale owners nads I'm asking does the C-Dale motor have potential? I know the cams are already fairly radical and the compression is already high. I heard someone mention the possibility of a titanium valve kit but I'm clueless as to what kind of performance gain you would get from something like that. I can do basic maintenance and I understand how the engine works but I'm no mechanic by any stretch of the imagination. Would it be as easy to make a big-bore kit for the Dales as it is for the other quads? My mention of R&amp;D was just that all the other quads have very similar engine technology so the developement of engine parts is very similar. With the Dales being very different technology and not being able to move as many units as the big companies wouldn't this make the market for buying these aftermarket parts a lot smaller? I really have no idea how any of this works that's why I'm asking for your guys opinions and engine knowledge. >>

There is room there for improvement on the current engines. C-dale is working on this already for the race team. They'll be getting 50+ hp here real quick, if they're not already. Different port designs, different fuel injectors, different intake tracts, and different designs of exhaust systems. The power isn't the question, the overall performance is the biggest concern. Just the little things. Handling is def. up to par with the aftermarket quads. 2 out of the 3 moto's I've seen, have been having other problems. From the ECU, to stator, and the Pingle switch/wiring harness. The only downfall of the Moto that I can see, is the technology. Yeah, the EFI and the whole GP controls are cool, but they've only been on the quad for a year. They're still weeding out all the bugs. It's going to be &quot;THE&quot; quad to beat, no doubt about that, but it's going to take some more R&amp;D.

And the rider has alot to do with it also. Jeremey is still getting back into the groove, but he'll be a force to reckon with. Kory is bouncing back and forth between the GNC and the GNCC series on quads backed from different sponsors. I think this is holding him back. If he's soley racing one quad day after day, and getting the most out of yourself and the quad, he'd have a better season.

Old 06-16-2002, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Dirt,

If Sparky is just starting out in racing, power is going to be the last thing he needs. SUSPENSION is Frist, than lots of skills/Expeirance. The hole shot won't win the race. It just make you look bad when you come in last after getting it.LOL

The Cannondale motor has not even being played with much, YET. The other motors have been out and is so OLD SCHOOL that everyone knows what should work on them. Wait till next year after some of the teams have been playing with them.

It's not bragging if you CAN do it.

Smitty