KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! D@MNIT!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EVERY FRIGGIN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! The gate drops, I'm doin bad ***, looks like I'm gonna do good in the race, and all of a sudden I FOCK IT ALL UP!!!

Moto 1: Gate drops, and I get 3rd in the Holeshot, I was faster than the guys in 1st and 2nd and I would have been able to pass them but then I 2-wheel it in a corner and almost lose it... I'm in 5th place. These guys were really holding me back and when I was finally able to get passed them, I left them pretty easy and caught back up to the guy in 2nd, but didn't have enough laps to pass him. I get 3rd overall (not bad... kinda cool bein up in top 3 for once).

Moto 2: Gate drops, and I get 1st in the Holeshot and according to lonestarbanshee (who was watchin the race) I was ahead by about 5 bike lengths by the time I got to the 1st corner. I hold 1st for a while until I get to the whoop section (which I really suck at) and the Banshee that won 1st in the 1st moto passed me. I was right on his *** for a while and then I passed him in the corner when he took outside and I went inside. He came out of the corner faster than me and we were side by side, battling it out for 1st place, when we hit this triple/camel back (looks like a camel back to me but everyone calls it a triple) and I jumped just a little farther than him. When he landed, his back end bounced a little over to the right and unfortunately that was right where I was landing. I landed right on top of his tires and then I lost control. The only thing I remember after that was everything went black, there was a lot of noise, and all of a sudden I"m rolling down the side of the track w/ a broken nose (hehe, you should see all the blood on the face gaurd part of my helmet... looks really cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]). After I recovered a bit, I got back on my quad that had one flat left tire, handle bars bent to ****, slightly bent nerf bar, and my front brake line broke off. I rolled everything for two laps, still kind of seeing double, and since one guy DNS'ed in the 2nd moto, I ended up w/ a 3 and 6 finish giving me 5th overall.

That was my first trophy to win and I was really hoping it would have been a 2nd place or even better... 1st place.

I think the next time I race out there I'm gonna enter the Intermediate class. I was racing Novice and it really sucks if you get stuck behind some of those guys. We don't have a beginner class so Novice has a lot of beginners in it.

Well, sorry for the long post but I thought I would just let yall know about my race last night. Maybe my next one will be a little better.

Old 06-23-2002, 03:05 PM
Trailblazer

Was you at Badlands?

Old 06-23-2002, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

Yup. If you've been there lately, my wreck was on that triple before that big floater that has the tunnel in it.

Old 06-23-2002, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

Pretty good for a first time I would say! especially after loopin out and braking your nose!

Old 06-23-2002, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] My first trophy... not my first race. That was like my 9th race ever, but I would say that 7 out of those 9 races had between 17-24 racers in the class. This race didn't have but 7 people in it and the only other race that didn't have a whole lot of people in it was at Fourstates when I cased a triple and sprained my wrist (always doin somethin stupid) and that was a class of 2... me and some other guy that usually races pro... Damn Sandbaggers.

Old 06-23-2002, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

Umm, Cannondales ROCK on Holeshot. MxDale71 rocketed out of the hole, and had a 5 bike lead by the time he got around the 1st corner. He pulled a piped Banshee gear for gear. It was a great race until he wrecked. The Banshee was faster in the whoops, but MxDale71 passed him back later on in the race, then the wreck occured. That was quite possibly one of the best wrecks I've seen. I was watching closely, and all of a sudden I see MxDale71 cartwheeling down the track. I and another friend(440EX) ran over there, making sure he was okay, but he didnt say anything, just spit out some blood and took off.

Way to go Douwe. Jake and I were discussing you on the way home. We bot think you have gotten to your "snapping" point. You were flying last night. Time to go to WMX and eat some Razr roost [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2002, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

Way to hang in there MXdale71! that's pretty dang tuff finishin with the broke nose and busted quad!
Now fix that holeshot machine and get back out there!! Your time is coming.

Old 06-23-2002, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

Yo, do you have a kill switched yet, probaly would've been less damage to your bike

Old 06-23-2002, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

My kill switch doesn't work but I don't think it would have mattered. Running into a fence or something probably wouldn't have made much difference after it rolled/flipped/barrel rolled (don't know which... I don't really even know exactly what happened).

Would a Pro Design kill switch not even work if I hooked it up to the little shutoff switch? I have only tried hooking it up to the coil and that didn't work, but last time I tried to hook that kill switch to the shut off switch on my 300ex, I was blowin fuses out.

Old 06-23-2002, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

If you hook up a pro-design switch your your dale, it will run but as soon as you put the separater in the switch it will die, I know I've done it. It cant be reversed its how the switch is built.

Quick Reply: AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! D@MNIT!!!!!!!!!