KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

New Track in New Augusta, MS

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 01:06 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While at Rockhill track in Purvis, MS on Thursday night I found out about this new track. I was told that you were going to be able to ride on Sunday afternoon. If anyone knows direction and/or contacts please post. I am going to make an attempt after racing Saturday night to visit it on Sunday and ride. I will let everyone know the details when I return.

Old 07-13-2002, 07:32 AM
Pro Rider

kevin whindam just finnished his track over there that may be the one you have been hearing about . i believe his web site is kevin whindam

Old 07-13-2002, 10:27 AM
Trailblazer

No, Kevin's track "flying W" is in Centreville, MS. This track is outside of Hattisburg, MS. He is suppose to have a grand opening in the next few weeks. He is going to cook and have a band, but not sure if track is going to be open, just trails and the existing track he has not the new one. He said at Fernwood MX that it would be in Sept, Oct. before the new track would be open.

Old 07-14-2002, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer

is the track in centrville worth going to? i live right up the road but just heard about it the other day from my little cousin, any info would be appreciated..

Old 07-14-2002, 01:03 AM
The Facility

Sounds like quadracing in Mississippi is picking up again.

There are a few guys who are in the beginning stages of an ATV Park south of Oxford, MS. It will include a MX track, TT track, Oval flat track, Drag strip, and a Mud Bog for the utility guys. They plan to get it going by January.

There is also an MX track being constructed in Columbus MS, but no word yet on whether quads will be allowed to run it. It will open next spring.

The MX track in Pontotoc, MS has seen an increase in quad entries over the last couple of months and will have more classes for next season.

The new Drag strip and Oval Track in Kilmichael, MS has received a great deal of interest in this area because there hasn't been one around locally in over 10 years.

There are over 800 acres of hard woods up for lease North of Louisville, MS that is currently in a bidding war between a hunting club and a gentleman wishing to use it to hold Hare Scramble races.

Old 07-14-2002, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

Aye, Thought I let everyone know we were not racing for the next few weeks. We will probably go practice monday and tuesday of this week, but kinda giving racing a braek.

We have been running every week end I have been home sense march 9th, we need a braek.

I have some things I need to get done and then I'll be back.

How did everyone do this week end?

Old 07-15-2002, 05:50 PM
Trailblazer

Went to new track Sunday, name is "Denham Creek MX". The owner was out on Sunday preping the track, but we did not ride. It is about a 1 minute track on a downhill side. Track look demanding and challenging with a 100' table top, whoops, triple and several doubles. Dirt is mix with sand and top soil. Looks like it will get rough as racers ride. He has not gotton any rest rooms, electricty, water and parking area is small. He will let anyone ride while he is getting everything in order. The track will be racing night's so look to me as though he is several months from having a race. But will make a great track someday. Directions are easy (unlike Rock Hill I stayed lost going and coming my first trip)take Hwy 98 from I 59 or Hwy 49 and go toward Mobile, AL and it will be a sign around 11 miles from I 59 on right side of road saying Denham Creek MX Track. When you turn it about 1 mile on the left.

Old 07-15-2002, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Kip
so you did go to the track after we left rock hill. does it look like a good quad track ? sounds like a josh tabletop, he loves the big tabletops. i was whipped when we got home, we stil arent done unloading. i am checking on the condos for loretta lynns, hey special if you read this and i know you will, are you interested in a condo in nashville for about $ 250 for a week . my mom is in this time share thing and is checking on a condo there, be cheaper than a motel and nicer. Kip let me know the status for this weekend when you know.

Mark

Old 07-15-2002, 11:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, Mark, are there any good, legal places to ride around the coast?
I just found out about another place to ride around Amite, La (right off of I-55)
If anyone is interested send me your email address and I can forward the like and give you directions; I don't know how to do all that on this forum.
Dannyabear@aol.com

Old 07-16-2002, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

its according what knd of riding you want to do. the place i like best is in wiggins mississippi about 30 miles from te coast. it is called black creek mx. it has a 1.3 mile mx track and hundreds of miles of trails. not second and third geart rails. these are trails made by 4 wheel drive trucks and they are a blast to ride. if you like strictly trail riding there is bethal which is in desoto national forest in saucier ms. and has about 60 miles of tight trails, these are second and third gear trails. there is firetower mx practice track but it
is going through a legal battle right now to open back up. later

Quick Reply: New Track in New Augusta, MS