KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

I'll be out of racing for a little while. :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, to all of you that thought the way I had my Dale set up was bad. I hope you're happy, because I'm gonna quit racing for a while and save up my money for lonestar (maybe something else) a-arms, axle, Elka SSD shocks all around, silver plastics, and headlight delete covers. I blew out my rear shock in practice last night and I could get it fixed for pretty cheap, but I want to go ahead and start fixing up my quad as a TRUE mx quad. I'll be missing a few series races either way, so I figured this would be just as good a time as any to just lay low for a while and work on the Dale.

I'm going to start sending out resume's too, so maybe I can get a sponsor or two from someone that sells a-arms, axle's, and shocks... that would be nice, because this is REALLY going to cost me.

Old 08-29-2002, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about the rear shock. I've been there twice now. Blew the quadracer shock out for the second time early this year. Simple fix since it was the second time. I just bought a cannondale and let the lt sit. Now I'm selling it so I don't have to fix it.

I hope the sponsorship works out for you and your back to racing soon, because if your anything like me it will eat you up not being able to race.

Old 08-29-2002, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

Im glad to see your reason for not racing.For a minute I thought it was going to be because of injury.It will be worth the waite when you get it together.Good luck.

Old 08-29-2002, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Special - Actually, injury actually does have a little to do with it. Usually I would just save up the money to get the shock rebuilt and then start riding again, but after getting knocked unconscious last week, I got a little freaked out, so I figured I would just take it easy and fix my stuff up. I don't mind the broken bones, sprained wrists/ankles, or countless bruises, but when it comes to head/neck/and back injuries, it scares me a little. I'm also going to be investing in a new helmet (I was borrowing my friends helmet for those last couple of trips to the track) and a neck role to give my neck some support.

What companies would yall suggest ordering parts from? The more money I could save, the faster I can get back out there.

Lt250R91 - I made my decision yesterday and the thought of not racing for a while is already torturing me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img].

Old 08-29-2002, 10:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yodaddy- What kind of sponsor money you looking for??? I might have a little laying around. 2 requirements are hot pick pants and Yamaha Raptor Rules printed on your jersey.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2002, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

14mins - LOL, I'm guessing you have no idea how much of an *** I would make of myself if I was given enough money. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Is it illegal to dress up like the Salvation army people, and try to get donations? I mean, it would be for an important cause. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2002, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

If your not looking for long travel shocks you may want to check out the post on revalving the ohlins vs pep shocks. I found a good deal on up-grading the fronts at GT thunder for $500 bucks

Old 08-30-2002, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

What I'm wanting to do is buy Lonestar +2 a-arms, Lonestar +4 axle, Elka SSD's all around, HMF exhaust w/ moto 440 remapping, silver plastics, and carbon fiber headlight delete covers. I guess I already said that, but if I"m going to buy the aftermarket parts (i.e. shocks, a-arms, ect.) I want to go all out since I'm really not in a huge hurry to race. I know that sounds like the totally opposite me compared to what I was saying before about flipping some front Honda wheels around and using wheel spacers, but I guess I got a different idea's now. I guess you could say my last wreck knocked a little sence in me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 08-30-2002, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider

Yo,

Well, Marcum's in Florida could get you all you need for a good price. He sells the axle for $349, that's about all I had quoted. But if you give Terry a call, he'll give you a good price for the whole package. 877-264-3409 is Terry's toll free number.

Old 08-30-2002, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

check with your dealer on a moto front end. you can get that a lot cheaper than all the front end parts you listed. pm special and ask him about the moto front end he just got.

Quick Reply: I'll be out of racing for a little while. :(