KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Cannondale Gearing......................

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 10:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'02 Cannibal #56 with Big Gun exhust and moto mapping
We are now running 14X39 with 18" Razr's. MX expert. We have Walsh +3 a-arms and +1 swing arm and Pep ZPS shocks. The hole shot isn't that great but the rest of the track is awsome. This is our back-up quad. Our main quad is a '03 Houser frame with his swing arm and +3 a-arms, Axis Custom 19" shocks and YZF426 powered. 14X37 gearing and 18" Razr rear tires. This quad has a GOOD hole shot and great engine power.

Old 09-19-2002, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

dawzie,

how does the c-dale compare power wise with the yz426? how does the c-dale handle after all that suspension modification? thanks

Old 09-20-2002, 07:50 AM
Range Rover

My son is the racer. He says the Axis shocks are ALOT better than the Peps. The YZF power is increditable. We havn't draged race since the c-dale motor has broken in but on the track the YZF is a very heavy hitting motor as compared to the smooth power band of the c-dale. The trany blew in the YZF, no parts till November so Sunday will be my sons second MX race with the c-dale. Last week he came in 2/2 behind the points leader on a new Honda 300 power valve R. Both our machines are +3 a-arms, +4 axels, same tires, same width measurements with the Houser being 1/2" longer from ball joint to rear axel. The c-dale is a little lighter in the front end on the jumps, so learning weight transfer is a key to good jumping. We also found that the smoother power band requires planning farther ahead on jumps and coming out of the turns.

One other note. We have a Rev-lok clutch on the YZF because of the hot start issue with them. WOW, is that thing worth it. According to Rev-lok we are the first ones to use it in a YZF powered quad. I see c-dale offers it as a option, once you get used to it, you would never ride with-out it again !! It DOES take some getting use to though.

Old 09-21-2002, 01:07 AM
Range Rover

Whats wrong there knowsalot??
Need the gearing help to use as an advantage for our race?

It's not going to help. Only riding skill will help you which you don't have. Keep the gearing stock and stick to the trees.

Captain

Old 09-21-2002, 01:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

you guys are too stuck up on the technical things on your c-dales. ride the freaken thing, it has plenty of power, even in stock form

Old 09-21-2002, 01:27 AM
The Facility

<< you guys are too stuck up on the technical things on your c-dales. ride the freaken thing, it has plenty of power, even in stock form >>

Nope.

Gearing is essential when running different types of races with different size heights of tires.

If I was a recreational rider, I would agree with you......but who buys a Cannondale to ride as recreation ONLY????? That's what the Z400 is for.

I race motocross, cross country, and the occassional drag race so the changes are mandatory. I could go and buy 3 different quads, but why do that when I can take 30 minutes to change my gearing and tires?

Old 09-21-2002, 01:33 AM
The Facility

CAP'N CRUNCH,

What race?? You have issued a challenge to every Cannondale owner who frequents this foum, yet YOU are the one who mysteriously never shows up.

Give it a rest. I told you where my next race would be and if you are serious about wanting to race......just show up. If not, then shut up and quit wasting everyone's time.

BTW...I will be in Maplesville, Alabama on October 13 at the Hare Scramble course.

Old 09-21-2002, 11:15 AM
Range Rover

KNOMSALOT, which MSWS races do you plan on running? Greenville on Oct. 6th shouldn't be too far from you.

Old 09-21-2002, 07:41 PM
The Facility

My schedule doesn't allow me to race every week...although I wish I could.

My schedule is pretty much booked for the next two months. I had a mechanical failure last year at the Arena cross that took me out of it only one lap into the first heat race. That will not happen this year and I am focusing on getting results this year. My next two weeks are practice near home on a private track and then it's off to Maplesville, AL on the 13th for a &quot;fun day&quot; at the same course that we will be running in January. The arena cross is the 26th.

The Maplesville, AL race in January will most likely be the only MSWS race that I attend.
I will run be running all of the Memphis races....once the 2003 schedule is posted, I will know the dates.

Old 09-22-2002, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

13-38
Cannibal
Mx