KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Gonzales,LA and Starkville,MS Arena Cross Races Oct.19 and Oct.26

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gonzales,LA and Starkville,MS Arena Cross Races Oct.19 and Oct.26

knowsalot-- I will probaby come where can i stay?? How far is it to monster mountain?? Man it sounds like fun. The only problem i might be moving to texas that weekend. So hopefully won't. I got to fix my quad the cam chai some how got stretched and is making a wicked noise. if thats not fixed i can stl rn my 426.
fuller

Old 10-08-2002, 10:36 PM
The Facility

Monster Mountain is quite a drive from Starkville. Not positive, but probally in the 5 hour range.

The Holiday Inn is located about 5 miles from the MSU Arena, so it's not far. The phone number that I listed above for the Hotel is who you need to call. they are also offering discounts for everyone racing out there. It is also the ArenaCross Race Headquarters, so many racers will be staying there that weekend. I will not be since I only live 40 minutes away.

Old 10-09-2002, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

captain, it would seem that if a problem occurres every where you go, then maybe you are the problem.
anyway, captain no matter how i feel about you i can assured you no one will cause you any problems. and i feel safe to say that most of the people here would do the same.
anyway, knowsalot, steve said he was going to be plastic hunting (yours, lol).
i will hopefully be back on my r, if it's not ready i will be on my stock suspesion -c-dale.
also, knowsalot has pic of the last race, it has my friend steve going thru the whoops and knowsalot is turned sideways on the track (after the plastic incident, lol)

Old 10-09-2002, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

CaptainCarl: The camera will be focused on whoever is looking good and going fast. If it's your boys, I'll be the first one to come over to your trailer and ask for some tips. I hope to see you there, atleast then we'll know if you're the real deal or not. Anyway, mark down Feb. 1st on your calandar and make sure to make it to the next arenacross here.

Eddie- Knowsalot Facility's Busted Up Cameraman

Old 10-10-2002, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer

HEY PATRICK,

ME AND RECONBASHER WILL BE AT THE ARENACROSS RACE IN STARKVILLE AND YOU KNOW WHEREVER WE GO, TROUBLE SEEMS TO BE COMING WITH US. I HOPE TO BE DRIVING MY NEW WHEELS (BIG FOOT HAHA) BUT I MIGHT NOT HAVE ALL THE PAPERWORK FINISHED. YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT WE WILL BE IN THE 250 AND UNDER CLASS SO YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT US WRECKING IN YOUR WAY.

TRENT
-----------------
KNOWSALOT FACILITY GUINEA PIG

Old 10-10-2002, 12:13 AM
The Facility

Trent,

I will be taking everyone's order for plastic right after the event.

By the way, the classes MAY NOT be separteted as they were last time. It could evn be broken down to 2 strokes and 4 strokes rather than being based on engine size. We will have to wait and see how they break it down....IF they break it down.

Patrick

Old 10-10-2002, 12:22 AM
Trailblazer

PATRICK,

I HAVE STILL GOT THOSE ZEST ORANGE RACING FENDERS IN THE CLOSET AND THEY ARE JUST DYING TO GET PUT ON.

TRENT
-----------------------
KNOWSALOT FACILITY GUINEA PIG

Old 10-12-2002, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

Mark,

It looks bad for fernwood on the 19th for me. My son is also sponsored by a bike shop in houma (Cycle World) And they want him to attend the arena cross in Gonzales. I'm still a few days away from my decission but I'm swaying towards going to the arena cross. He doesn't have the sponsorship Kip has for yall so it's not manditory. But you know how it is......Let me take untill Monday to think about it and I'll let you know.

This is exactly what we where talking about last month. No one seems to know what the other is doing as far as tracks go. Such a sour time when the big quad race and the arena cross is not only the same day but same time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2002, 10:57 PM
The Facility

Who all went to the race at Gonzales this weekend and what was the track condition and layout like??

Any of you making the one at Starkville this weekend??

Old 10-22-2002, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

Patrik,

I went. It was awsome but nerve racking, you have to try it. The part that was the killer was the whoop section, it was about 100 yards long, very close together, deep, and pointy, this is where I seen most of the problems and most poeple where talking about it.

The lay out was simple but very, very busy for a rider. Ofcoarse you start at a small straight, hit the corner and into the whoops. Out of the woops rite into a 180 turn and up the finish line 55' double. Into another 180 turn back down the straight, 180 turn, small double, then larger double with a table top landing, two small whoops that you double land in a 90 left hander wich goes straight into a step up then step down rite into another 90 lefthander wich had a 5' hill wich was straight up and easy to staul on, then straight down the 100 yard whoop section.

What they diid was quads ran first. They started us in practice to help pack the track we just made 5 laps in a circle, up the straight and down the whoop section for 5 laps, then they gave us a 5 lap practice. My hole first practice I just concentrated on the whoop section. I tried like 6 or 7 ways and 3 or 4 different lines, almost went over the bars 3 times and never got in any rythum except for the last pass, I decidied to just do them one at a time and rock my way threw. From the first time to the last I tried double or triple every one, big mistake. I kept finding my front tires in about every third one and the front end would stick and try to hurl me off the front.

I seen a couple guys try to do the finish line double, both on Z400's, not a good idea. I had just a ok practice but a awsome qualifier, that went bad. I got out of the first turn in second And some how got rite into a rythum. There was a 250R infront of me just pulling away, but I kept calm and stayed in a rythum. After about 4 laps I noticed third and the rest of the track was way behind me, I starteed feeling realy good. On the last lap I went to take a small double and my quad died. Man I was freaking out couldn't figure out what was wrong, damnit, I hit tttthe kill switch, clicked it back on and bam I was off, finished fith.

In the main I got a killer start just to get to the first corner to see a hella quad flipping threw the air (why does it seem that quads move faster flipping threw the air then on thier wheels) Got threw that mess third going down the whoops. At the end of the whoops a shee cut underneeth me but I wasn't worried I was carrying a bunch of momentum threw the turn, I ran up the finish line jump and he cut in front of me for the block (on the first lap, idiot) then he hit the brakes at the top, I hit him in the rare end and nearly stauled in third and went back down the jump. From there on out I ran a crappy race, grabbing to much throttle on my landings a couple times and nearly flipping, then being in third instead of secound, aaaarg I just ate my self up. Finally finished but in 7th.

The best advice I can give you is it is easy to over ride the track. This is the type of track where going slower and getting in rythum gets you around a heck of alot faster. I can't stress that enough.

Now I'm on a lakota with stock suspention, one mis hap and it's terribly hard for me to make up the differences. The slightly modded Z's where doing the best but the 250R rider was to good for even them.

I'll be back in march to try and redeem my self but untill then Hope you all have a graet time.

It was a sell out crowd here.

Quick Reply: Gonzales,LA and Starkville,MS Arena Cross Races Oct.19 and Oct.26