KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

BUYER BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUYER BEWARE!

God I love a good CLEAN debate.

First off, we don't know the whole story he could be doing this with Cannondales knowledge, if so than no big deal.

If someone opened a shop next to Trinity and didn't do service where would they go? To Trinity, better for Harry if they don't service them. IMHO

I re-read your first post. Even if they are not a authorized dealer, THAT dealership can work on the bike and they choose not to. If I need a part for my quad I'm sure I could call Cannondale and buy the part. When I was in was selling car parts, we would frequently buy genuine parts if the customer didn't want OEM.

So, from what I'm reading it is not the sale it's the servicing of the quad, Right. If that the cse someone down the street can do the work.

daimon1054,

Thank you for sharing your expierances as a dealer. At all the dealerships that I've worked at, We didn't care who you bought it from. The reason is they make more on the service than the sale. The person who had the best repoire with the service manager is the one that went out. I do agree with you that the person who bought from you should have preferance, although that was not always the case.

Rebuttel?

Smitty

Old 10-11-2002, 05:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default BUYER BEWARE!

well put motorider, i think we should support dealers that are there for you after the sale not the ones that only care about the sale. thats why this dealer doesnt care if he is an utherized dealer because he has no intention to be there after the sale for the cusumer.

Old 10-12-2002, 01:37 PM
Nut
Trailblazer
Default BUYER BEWARE!

I bought my Speed from a dealer that has two stores within 15-20 miles of each other. The store that I bought mine from had to drop the Cannondale line because Cannondale told them that they couldn't have two C'dale dealerships that close to one another. That's the story I got from the salesman, anyway. However, they still had two Cannibals on the floor and they ordered a Speed for me. Legal? Ethical? Immoral? I really don't care because I got a good deal and after driving 1 1/2 hours, appreciated not having to go 20 miles farther to get to the other store! Of course, they don't service or sell parts at the store that doesn't carry the C'dale line. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2002, 09:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default BUYER BEWARE!

the only way cannondale will survive is to create a strong dealer base. bootlegging of there products is no way to do that. plain and simple.

Old 10-13-2002, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default BUYER BEWARE!

A law passed I think 3 years ago gives a franchize a 40 mile protection area. Unless give writen permission C-dale can not open a dealership closer than that.

Old 10-13-2002, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default BUYER BEWARE!

Hey QuadGod,

BTFW, What are you drivin'?

If y'all want to start somethin' just do it. Other than that, READ THE DEFINITION OF BOOTLEGGING IN YOUR WEBSTERS DICTIONARY. IF THAT DOESN'T DEFINE IT FOR YOU MAY I SUGGEST GETTING YOUR GED IN HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION

Y'all bein from MI should know better than that.

I DECLARE YOU A LIBERAL

Just my .02 worth. Should be an .03 worth from Clinton bein' Pres.

Old 10-14-2002, 12:09 PM
Trailblazer
Default BUYER BEWARE!

im as far from a liberal as you can get. i declare you a typical dumb azz

Old 10-14-2002, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default BUYER BEWARE!

QuadGod is a name that should be defined.

Maybee I have you pegged for someone else. If I am wrong, I stand corrected. If not, I stand corrected.