RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seen a cannonball get murdered 13 times in a row

Pass the rice please.

Old 01-12-2003, 01:24 PM
Range Rover

Will this topic ever past "hot chicks on quads" in posts??

Old 01-12-2003, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

As long as we talk about stupid **** that gets us nowhere, it will.

RaptorRacer1 - That was a damn good comparison. I wish I was that bright! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2003, 11:31 AM
The Facility

dubya1,

Try and pay more attention to the names. I am not the "KNOWSALOTMORETHANYOU" guy despite the rumors. I haven't been on this site in over a month.

Peace out.

Patrick

Old 01-17-2003, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

Did someone say muscle cars???!!!! Check out my web page if you want to see the ultimate muscle cars!! Of course that is a 1970 Cuda 440 6 Pak Cuda I own along with a 1971 Dodge Challenger convertible 440 6 Pak. The only thing badder, the Elephant, that's right, the 426 Hemi!! Wish I had one!!
http://photos.yahoo.com/briansgi
or:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/briansgi/...c=ph%26.view=t

and:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/briansgi/...c=ph%26.view=t

Old 01-17-2003, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

briansgi,
I talked to Aaron today and he said according to Wayne (or whatever the guy's name is at PEP) the wait from him is 10 - 12 weeks. Aaron said the longest wait he's heard of directly from PEP is 5 months. I e-mailed Baldwin and they said 10 weeks I felt like asking them about your 10 months but obviously this is not my business so I shaddapp. Have you heard anything?

Old 01-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

Every week Johnny calls Wayne and every week, Wayne says he's going to get them built and ship them out that week, still waiting!! The problem with PEP, the squeaky wheel gets the grease! If you call on a weekly basis and bug the crap out of Wayne, you probably could get your shocks in 4 months. My problem is I did not order them directly from Wayne at PEP, I ordered them through the local pro rider who PEP sponsors. I actually thought because of that relationship, I would be able to get the shocks sooner, that ended up being just the opposite affect. I tried calling Wayne myself and I asked him when he was going to have my shocks done and that they had been on order since April! He did not know me from Adam since the order was placed through Johnny. Word got back to Johnny that I had called Wayne directly and that pissed Wayne off. Of course after waiting this long, I could care less if I **** off Wayne who owns PEP. The shocks could be the greatest thing that's ever been built, but if you cannot get them, they might as well be dog poop!! After going through this experience and waiting this long, I hope I never have to have them serviced!! That would probably take 2 years to get them back!!
Word of advise, the day you order your shocks, mark on your calendar that day, plus inform whoever you order them through that you are making note of when they were ordered!! Johnny said he had to fax Wayne my order 3 separate times now, supposedly he misplaced the order!! Good luck and I hope you have alot of patience!!

Old 01-17-2003, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

I thought Baldwin Motorsports was authorized to make PEP shocks in house? Isn't that what their add claims? I'm asking Aaron point blank if the 3 months comes and goes with nothing and he hasn't started them can I bail? I can get Elka's that are comparable and save 200 bucks. I don't even race I just want a sweet set of shocks.

Old 01-18-2003, 12:18 AM
Range Rover

When we first ordered peps at Baldwin for our EX 3 years ago, it took 3 months to get them. We had Mark Baldwin rebuild them twice for us and the turn around time was one week. Not bad. Last fall we sent the rear pep off the Dale to Mark and it took 3 weeks ?? I ask why and the answer was that Wayne was overwhelmed with work?? I'm wondering Wayne who?? When we built the Houser we had peps ordered from Mark for 8 weeks. At week twelve we gave up and bought the Axis from Houser. On the shelf, set up for our weight!! So far we are very happy with the Axis and feel they may be better than the peps. They dont "sag" as much as the peps do, so ride height is about 1" higher. We dont have alot of races on the axis yet, so I dont know if they last as long or get rebuilt any different time wise or faster turn around. We will see.

Old 01-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

Well...if it makes ya feel any better, I am waiting on my PEPs from Baldwin too...but only since September...lol. I almost got tired of calling because the standard reply was 4 weeks til completed....even if I called again at the 4 week mark....the only good thing is that at least they don't tie up your money while you are waiting..............I hope they are worth the wait......JIM