KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Monster Jam Quad Wars.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Jam Quad Wars.

I went and watched the monster truck show last night at the Superdome.Damn near a sell out croud over 60,000 people.They had two teams of quads,New Orleans and Miami.Each had about twelve riders.The first heat the team captian from Miami won but he cheated.The second race team New Orleans won.For the main they kicked the miami
team leader out because team New orleans would not race because of his unsportsman like conduct........They start the race and as they are coming around to make the 1st lap the miami team captian comes on the track in front of every body and wins.
The two teams get in an argument and demand a rematch.They let the two team captions go at it for three laps,they traded positions in every turn and guss who won.............team New Orleans. LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Man why can't they have a real race!!!!!!!!!!They were letting each other pass in every turn.I wanted to go out there so bad and smoke there @$$es.They had a banshee out there set up just to flip in the 1st turn.It looked like it had -4 a-arms and axel,and it was jacked up a few inches.Damn near all the riders wouldnt even stand up on the pegs,they would sit the hole way around.

A guy we have been runnig with at some local tracks was there racing his raptor and let them all beat him.Im gona rag him next time I see him.

GRAVE DIGGER IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!He sailed a jump and went atleast 30 foot in the air,landed on all 4 wheels and flipped head over.My little boy went nuts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Thats the most air I have ever seen one of them things get.He looked like he hit a super cross triple.

Old 01-27-2003, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider

Yah I was there too. But I didn't recognise any of the riders. Could not believe how many poeple where there.

I parked down in the Harrahs parking garage (father in laws idea) I gave the tickets to my father in law because I had a wind braeker on that I drop every thing out of the pockets. We walk the 2 miles or so to the dome, about 25 minutes. Wasn't bad pretty nice to get out to walk, I get all the way there and my father in law looks at me and says your not going to believe this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] So you know who nearly runs all the way back, grab the tickets then run back to the dome. So I was not in the graetest mood.

Old 01-27-2003, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer

What a bunch of crap! WWE of quad racing.These guys do nothing for real atv racing.They look like jerks!
The trucks are awsome.

Old 01-27-2003, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

No doubt. Someone should suggest to the ATVA.....Shut Down Quad Wars! They display us as a bunch of punks on quads...

Old 01-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

They should build a big over sized MX track fore them trucks to run on with some doubles a killer set of 8 foot high woops Giant table tops.That would be the $h!T!

Even the pro mxer's would line up to see that.

There I go thinking out loud again.

Old 01-28-2003, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

I rode in the quad wars in San Antonio and had a pretty good time. Bobby Parr , the 4 time Pikes Peak quad champion runs the quad wars. He sets up a pretty good show FOR THE KIDS ! Our group was 100% mx racers and 2 small jumps before each turn. This track was very fast{ 4th gear pinned in the turns or you got ran over} . The racers from Houston kept the pace very fast and made the PLANNED PASSING very fun. Most of the time there were about 10 quads in a turn with just a few inches of room between quads. I'd say that is pretty exciting when you are cruising 4th gear pinned. The LSR CRF450 was running very good , so good in fact that a moto 440 racer from Houston just had to have it and purchased it from me inside the Alamodome right after the quad wars. I only sold it because the Green machine is coming along very well .

Old 01-28-2003, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

One of our buddies rode in the quad wars here at Bank One.....he said it was really easy but fun.