Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Losing our rights

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003 | 08:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default Losing our rights

Cabinwife,

I 'thought' that the strategy you speak of might have something to do with our orv representative in Lansing..............lady, was 'I' in for a surprise!

We've got the cyclists who are holding the system together but refuse to get enthused about working with atvers and making the system 'ridable' ................."trails would be maintained at the width of our handlebars if it was left up to us" (and that's a quote)............

We've got the snowmobilers who have good reason to wonder what the heck is going on with us (I've got a ridiculous story concerning this)............

And we have one non-elected 'family' on the atv side; who refuse to answer any questions on what our atv policy actually is 'now' or what it will ever consist of in the future................

Keep working on your strategy as the people putting up these walls believe that we will all just 'give up' eventually....................believe me, they have upset enough people already to the point that this is never going to happen.

Check your private messages and let's keep the pressure on these people by talking to the same people that they do (again, there are a number of them who are 'already' not very impressed.........).

Thanks for sharing.

John

Old 06-04-2003 | 08:24 AM
Pro Rider

Having trouble with the private messaging feature......hope it went through.

Old 06-04-2003 | 10:53 PM
Range Rover

Hi John, its coming to light that some folks are less than impressed with performance of the local atv club, I was thinking of the prospects of starting a club for about 2 years now. it could be the voice againest all those who would miss represent the atv's and orv's here in michigan, the folks around me (4x4 truck clubs) are near the turning point with the local law pulling the rug from under them, and the fact the we still drive 3 hours to the nearest trails. I would like to see someone put forth an effert to show me change. I can push ideas and drive to Lansing, but for someone to just say they want to, well you know how far that goes. if you have some ideas I would like to here, and if the local club would like to "step up", and show me where they have made changes or at the very least show the flow of action they have taken to make change. I have been watching for a while now, it ain't happen around here.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2003 | 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

Yetti,

We are always here if you need some support or could use somebody as a sounding board for how to proceed from here.

Check your messages and call anytime.

John

Old 06-18-2003 | 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

not to much long we can not ride any where why do they make atvs for, what let them set in yard to look at