Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

NOHVCC Testifies at CPSC ATV Safety Hearing

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 10:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOHVCC Testifies at CPSC ATV Safety Hearing

John,
im not going to spend further time talking about the things that are not getting done by the club/Forum or clubs President.I can see clearly that the Clubs President is not the leader I had first expected to represent our sport and this does dissappoint me because I really felt like he was our official representative back when we first met yrs ago.

It acchomplishes very little by coming in here and slaming the dude or his organization,time after time,wk after wk.Yah,its good to vent for awhile though!

The State of MICH has A LONG ways to go in the ORV area.There are many things that need to be done.Trial maintenace that is funded through the sale of ORV stickers that are NOT MAINTAINED but the money is still administered,is a WIDELY ABUSED area.This MUST be addressed and soon.

The age/cc restrictions that make it OK to ride an off road cycle at ANY age with a valid ORV certificate and visual supervision of an adult---------but not for an ATVer under 12yrs old,MUST also be addressed and SOON.

The description of an ORV and ATV must also be looked and changed very soon,here in Michigan.

I personally beleive that the BEST thing to do is to CONTINUALLY attend ORV Board meetings as much as possible and BE HEARD.I also like the new Chairperson quite alot so far.E-mail this guy with your concerns/questions.I'll bet you a steak dinner he'll give you back an answer and it wont take 10 days to respond either.

The Forum?
Well,you seen it too,the Pres said its not HIS Forum and in the same response,he says that no one asked the questions in the APPROPIATE ''ask the Pres'' section?Why,hell if that aint talking out both sides!

I'll continue to back Jeff and his efforts to make the Forum what it is today.If the Forum did NOTHING else but give riders a place to talk about and share common ATV related issues at,than its a HUGE success in my opinion.I cant begin to tell you the amount of rides that were organized as a direct result of THAT Forum!!

Chat to you in a while!

Bill

Old 07-14-2003, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOHVCC Testifies at CPSC ATV Safety Hearing

Originally posted by: twentycharacters
"I just was on the CPSC website and they are on a WITCH HUNT WITH ATVs! .......From reading this stuff , it seems like they are on the warpath and we are not............."

Why........ twenty! If we went on the '"warpath"; we might just have to go INTO places like West Virginia and Tennessee and maybe 'upset' a few folks!

We'd have to talk 'tough' in our national publications............. and 'that' wouldn't be very good for MEMBERSHIP BUSINESS!!!

"Every one needs to wake up and STORM them..........."

Well, 'gee'............we sent them a "one paragraph" VAGUE petition that didn't even talk about helmet use and used 'specific' terms such as "appropriate"..........what more do they need to hear from us?

....."Seriously guys, we need to focus a little more on this stuff than arguing about who's bike is faster. If we dont, we wont have anything to argue about.
Amen, brother!

Yet if these same people aren't willing to light a fire under their OWN organizations (look at the goofs we have above, here in Michigan).................what chance do we ever have that they'll strap a set on and 'be somebody' when the government comes to town?

Take this atv club above...........everybody sat back with their thumbs up their butts when something NEEDED to be said...........now they're begging everybody to 'come back' to their forum (IF you weren't 'banned') as they are STILL keeping their mouths shut.............while all the time trying to convince the rest of us that this is the only way 'men' should act! (and they wouldn't want to ruin any chance of getting that Detroit riding area built out their back doors........ as promised!).

Good post, twenty...........I would just like to meet a few more people who aren't afraid to ask questions of those ALREADY on the front lines (and for gosh sakes, who posess the ability to ask them half-way 'intelligently').