Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

DEAN: PRESIDNETIAL CANDIDATE ANTI-ATV

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003 | 06:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default DEAN: PRESIDNETIAL CANDIDATE ANTI-ATV

bush isnt any better when it comes to GUNS!
he isnt going to let the AWB sunset the idiot.
""The government's job is to protect our borders and our liberty""
i dont need the GOV't to protect me if they would let us own guns again! there pushing us to be like england and taking all the citezens rights to own guns away slowly! you are blind if you dont see this.
the only guns they take are the people who never commited a crime with them!
its all for votes any president is going to tell you what you want to hear. your vote means squat it is the electoral vote that counts.

i am serious when i say i wish an INDEPENDENT could get in there

Old 09-24-2003 | 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

I think it's time for some middle of the road non-republican non-democrat politicians to step up, I'm sick of both parties.

Old 09-24-2003 | 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

I think it's time for a Shady Rascal for President campaign. I will be a great, honest, take no sh*t president for my entire 2 weeks in office leading up to my assassination.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2003 | 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

The Presidential Motorcade will be a squadron of Raptors, with way above 96 db silencers.

Old 09-24-2003 | 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: evhwg
your vote means squat it is the electoral vote that counts.
I am afraid I am going to have to disagree with this one. Especially since the majority of states have laws preventing their electoral delegates from voting against the popular vote in their district. Its called antitrust representation. Violation of these laws brings major fines and jailtime. Your vote does count. Excercise your right and be happy for it.

~HoundDog

Old 09-24-2003 | 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: evhwg<br your vote means squat it is the electoral vote that counts.

Uh, did you happen to catch that last Presidential election, you know, the one that came down to a few votes?

Old 09-24-2003 | 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: ShadyRascal
Originally posted by: evhwg<br your vote means squat it is the electoral vote that counts.

Uh, did you happen to catch that last Presidential election, you know, the one that came down to a few votes?

You mean the one that the person with the most popular votes (Gore) lost?? You may have proven evhwg's point. I don't fully agree w/ evhwg that your vote doesn't mean squat, your vote means something....but....if you live in a state like utah, which ALWAYS votes republican, and has few representives, then your presidential vote pretty much means squat..... The presidential election should be based on the popular vote.

Old 09-24-2003 | 07:38 PM
Range Rover

well i don't wan't too draw any fire but if john edwards (former senator of the great state in which i live) gets nominated to be the democratic candidate, which i dought he will because more than likely wesly clark will. i'm definatly voting for him. also does anyone really listen to bush's speeches he's not presidential material in my opinion... his father was. and opinions are like a$$ holes eveybodys got one so don't jump down my throat.

Old 09-24-2003 | 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Jerrydlish
Originally posted by: ShadyRascal

You mean the one that the person with the most popular votes (Gore) lost?? You may have proven evhwg's point. I don't fully agree w/ evhwg that your vote doesn't mean squat, your vote means something....but....if you live in a state like utah, which ALWAYS votes republican, and has few representives, then your presidential vote pretty much means squat..... The presidential election should be based on the popular vote.
The reason we have the electoral vote is to protect us from "direct democracy". We are a republic. If you have the majority of the population concentrated in a few small areas (as we are heading towards) all you would have to do is persuade these population centers and the rest of the country in effect gets no say.

Look at the map county by county of the 2000 election. 95% of the geographical area of the US voted for Bush. Gore won the some of the population centers wadded up in little teeny areas.

Back to evhwg's point, it came down to a few votes in Florida, where the entire election was decided. Several other states were within a few hundred votes as well. They all count.

A direct democracy is way, way too unstable, which is why the Founding Fathers didn't go near that form of governing.

A fun discussion, albeit a ways removed from our ATV's!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2003 | 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

I'm glad we have the electoral college. If we didn't have it that pansy Al Gore would be in office. We all know what he would do.........NOTHING. Just imagine what would have happened if he had been president on September 11th. He'd probably tell Bin Laden he's been a very bad boy and he better not do it again or mommy's gonna send him to his room.

Quick Reply: DEAN: PRESIDNETIAL CANDIDATE ANTI-ATV