Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

DEAN: PRESIDNETIAL CANDIDATE ANTI-ATV

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003 | 04:01 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default DEAN: PRESIDNETIAL CANDIDATE ANTI-ATV

This was on yahoo news on 08/29/2003: VERY IMPORTANT
It is an interview with DEAN:

"He (Dean) and his team used the NRA, he says, to neutralize the most ardent property-rights Republicans in the legislature. They then went to the snowmobilers and explained that although there would be a wilderness area off-limits to them, there would be other areas they could utilize. They used that concession, he goes on, to get the snowmobilers help in supporting the exclusion of ATVs: 'You cant compromise with ATVers under any circumstances', they just do too much damage to the land . . . In other words, Dean says, you assemble the broadest coalition possible and then parcel out something for everybody. Now, it cant be everybody, because theres always those on the extreme edge of the right who want to clear-cut everything, thats their idea of sustainable timbering . . . But in general, he says, you work with all the stakeholders, and then if one element of the coalition starts to defect, if the snowmobilers, say, try to link up with the ATVers, which they sometimes threaten to do, you put the leverage on. You say, If its a choice between letting the ATVs in or keeping the snowmobile people out sorry, well see you later. And that brings the snowmobilers back to the table . . ."

IF you think this is insignificant, then go on - you dont really care about ATVs. But the election is ONE year away and this ANTI-ATV HOWARD DEAN could be your president. He is bad news for ALL ATVs and ATVers

Old 09-23-2003 | 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Well I know who to NOT vote for.......

Old 09-23-2003 | 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

Hey blaster, where can we get a copy of this article?

~HoundDog

Old 09-23-2003 | 04:28 PM
Trailblazer

The right MAN for the job is already in there. Lets keep it that way

Old 09-23-2003 | 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

Howard WHO??? Yeah, like he's getting elected anyway.

Old 09-23-2003 | 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

Anytime you want to give up rights and freedoms, vote democrat.

Old 09-23-2003 | 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

I agree shadyrascal,i think the reason people want to get rid of our atvs is because they dont own one themselves to know what they are missing or have one to ride(friends etc).

Old 09-23-2003 | 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Anytime you want to give up rights and freedoms, vote democrat
No doubt about it. Since I collect guns as well, I get shafted on both ends. Seems like everything I own or like to do comes under fire constantly. I guess I'm just not a mindless model citizen or something......[/quote]

Ditto.

Old 09-23-2003 | 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hondaracer305
I agree shadyrascal,i think the reason people want to get rid of our atvs is because they dont own one themselves to know what they are missing or have one to ride(friends etc).
Once you're around a while longer, my young friend, you will come to realize that these people are not misunderstanding of the fun of our ATV (or gun or hunting or SUV et al) but have an agenda of controlling the public as so many cattle. Their vision is of a controlling class (them) and the unwashed masses truly needing their directions (us).

They might call us older (conservative) guys cynical, but we've just been around long enough to have deciphered what is really going on.

Old 09-23-2003 | 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Jerrydlish
Howard WHO??? Yeah, like he's getting elected anyway.
I'm glad to hear people haven't heard of him....

Dean is the former Governor of Vermont...the piddly state that I live in.

I don't even want to comment about what I think of him.

He's an idiot and if he is elected president of this country I think I will move to France [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: DEAN: PRESIDNETIAL CANDIDATE ANTI-ATV