Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Howard Dean wants to ban atv riding?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Howard Dean wants to ban atv riding?

Woodsrunner, I was wrong on the IRA, I was thinking of my 401k. It has gone up as the markets have been improving over the last 18 months, lowering the interest rates helped people feel more secure in buying more expensive stuff and the companys that started to report profit and loss correctly helped it go up.
I was wondering if and when they do open a Moon base if that is where we will be able to ride?HAHA.
Lets get back to talking quads as nobody agrees over politics, okay? AlaskaBoy.

Old 02-19-2004, 11:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: deanz400
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]hey bottom line people the general knowledge is that most if not all liberals or democrats want to take our riding rights away and in general you can blame who you want but the out right knowledge is republicans want smaller gov. ( ie less taxes ) and the democrates just want you to give them your money ,so they can invest it in welfare systems , so they have a voter base they can control. if you want to know the average americans , or the welthy anyone making over 60,000 a year thats what the democrates say is welthy , pay like 92% of the tax base of this country and the top 1%earners pay over 50% of the tax base . the republicans are the only party that is trying to give some thing back to the general population.not just the welfare recipiants . hey spudss you want 3rd world why don't you join a military service and have them send you to iraq . thats where i am right now and if you think a 3rd world nation is so great you should see what a leader like saddam did to a country that had more free welth then many and what kind of abject poverty these people live in . when's the last time you lived in a mud block hut with a dirt floor ,you should try it .it's not pretty .
sincerely SSG Dean G.
H*LL YES!! Well said and I couldn't agree with you more.

Old 02-19-2004, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

After reading the quote posted by just4kicks I learned that I am wealthy and here I thought we were just getting by, how stupid of me. I can't wait to tell the wife that we are wealthy.
Welfare shouls be limited to a max of 1 year, then get your a@# back to work, McDonalds is always hiring. AlaskaBoy.

Old 02-19-2004, 12:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

BTW, for anyone using the words "top 1% of income earners" and "rich" in the same sentence I would recommend you get the facts straight. My household income puts me in the top 1% of earners and I am by no means "rich" I can assure you. The problem with a general classification like that is that the top 1% is an extremely broad range of income. I'm not a movie star or a professional sports or media figure and I don't develop software. I may be in the top 1% but I doubt I would be welcome at the same country club as the "real rich" people. So by coming down hard on the top 1% you are coming down hard on me and my family. I live pretty well compared to most I suppose but d@mn it I deserve it! And guess what, I put it back into the economy every time I make a purchase, hire someone to do a job for me, or make a charitable donation. And if you think only blue collar workers are the ones busting their a$$ then I have news for you...I used to dig ditches with a shovel and I come from an entire family of blue collar workers. I then went to college full-time (paid for entirely by me) while working full-time and driving over 100 miles a day almost 7-days a week. My marriage sucked and I owned my first home that I had no time to enjoy but I was determined so I did it. Now I hear somebody telling me that I don't deserve what I have or that I should pay more taxes because I am privelidged.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] If I want to lower my standard of living so that everything I have worked for and sacrificed can go to the aid of others who in my opinion, don't deserve it, then I guess I'll vote Democrat. But that will never happen!

Old 02-19-2004, 12:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AlaskaBoy
After reading the quote posted by just4kicks I learned that I am wealthy and here I thought we were just getting by, how stupid of me. I can't wait to tell the wife that we are wealthy.
Welfare shouls be limited to a max of 1 year, then get your a@# back to work, McDonalds is always hiring. AlaskaBoy.
Pretty ridiculous classification don't you think? I believe the top 1% of earners or the so-called rich are over 100K a year. If that has changed recently someone please let me know. Gee, I guess I'm about as well off as Bill Gates. LOL!!

Old 02-19-2004, 01:16 PM
RIP Dear Friend

2003--1040

Line 9b: Qualified Dividends

One word: Incredible

Old 02-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

Raptoryfm660r,
HUH? What does this mean?AlaskaBoy.

Old 02-19-2004, 02:17 PM
RIP Dear Friend

If you have dividend producing stocks that are eligible, the dividends are not taxed as ordinary income but at different rates going by your income level.

I am going to use the lower scale at the 5% tax rate for reference. You have income of $100.00 that came from stock XYZ that is eligible, in the past you were taxed on the full amount just as if it were earned income. For the next 4 years you will only be taxed on $5.00 out of that $100.00, 95.00 is tax free.

At some point the money that is not taxed is going to show up back in the economy as returned investment or the money will be spent on goods and services.

Myself, I will be investing long term back into the stock market.

Old 02-19-2004, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

HEY (Howard)Deanz400...I served my time in the Army from 95'-01' So I know what a 3rd world country looks like...Ive been there and done that ....I am saying with all the guttless polititions making jacked up laws just to get there name in a book for passing somthing...This country is going down hill they have taken all the morals this nation was founded from and throwing them away....god made adam and eve not adam and steve..Thats just one example now my kids cant pledge the flag that I served to protect!!!!!!!!What is our President doing to protect our rights??? There all liars and will do what ever it take to get into office then were on our own....The only President that really cared about his countryman was Abe

Old 02-20-2004, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

Kerry's a tree huggin bunny lover too: http://www.issues2000.org/Domestic/J...nvironment.htm

Quick Reply: Howard Dean wants to ban atv riding?