Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

How much sense does this make?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 02:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much sense does this make?

Thanks for the link, I think we allready checked this one out, and guess what...they dont even offer it in MN anymore. I dunno, i dont think he's going to go with the 275$ one either, because the coverage is basically crap. I think he found somthing for around 450$ though, so hopefully all will work out in the end.

Have a good one man.
-Peter

Old 09-02-2004, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Peter:

You know what will make your Dad happy? Try taking the trash barrels in from the street without him asking you to do it or do something else before he gets the chance to ask you to do it. Remember to do this "favor" on a regular basis and don't brag about it. After he figures out what you are doing, he'll think to himself that he has a great kid and will reward you for it tenfold over time. I know a kid who watered his parents new shrubs without them asking. He did it every day all Summer so the shrubs would take properly. The mother told me what a great kid they had. This weekend they are letting their son and his friends stay at their beach house without the parents. This would not have happened except that the son 1. is a good kid and 2. did this little extra thing which put the parents over the top in the kid's favor.

Old 09-02-2004, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Tracytrashcan
Hey Peter:

You know what will make your Dad happy? Try taking the trash barrels in from the street without him asking you to do it or do something else before he gets the chance to ask you to do it. Remember to do this "favor" on a regular basis and don't brag about it. After he figures out what you are doing, he'll think to himself that he has a great kid and will reward you for it tenfold over time. I know a kid who watered his parents new shrubs without them asking. He did it every day all Summer so the shrubs would take properly. The mother told me what a great kid they had. This weekend they are letting their son and his friends stay at their beach house without the parents. This would not have happened except that the son 1. is a good kid and 2. did this little extra thing which put the parents over the top in the kid's favor.
Good advice. I'm out to abuse my son again this weekend. He is doing well in school, and has kept up his chores as required, so we are going in to the backcountry where I will teach him how to drive the Jeep in rough country.
He's 12. We will also do some riding, as the bikes will be towed up behind the jeep.

Any of you Colorado folks, avoid Pingel hill area Sunday.... runaway jeep! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2004, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Peter,

I have used State Farm for the last 14 years (I'm 30 & have a 25 y/o wife and 2 boys 3 & 6). I have 2 '03 Yamaha's (Grizzly & Kodiak 400) and insure both for around $225/year. Of course, that's in Oklahoma. You need to go online and hit every insurance agent in town. I have checked with 2 agents from State Farm in the same sleepy town and got very different figures. Let your fingers do the walking!!

Good luck,

Jason