Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

illegal to ride atvs ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default illegal to ride atvs ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY!!!!

its true they are trying to pass a law in hillsborough new jersey to ban atv riding on your own property.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]its being delayed because people like myself are pissed and showing up at these town meetings.hey i pay taxes and they are not cheap in new jersey.and i also live in a FREE country
goverment cant tell me i cant ride on my own property.this all started because of a couple rich bigshots moved here from the city and now they cry and complain and they want to change the town to what they prefer it to be.sorry not happening.i lived here for 20 years and rode an atv on my property for that long .and im not about to stop because of a new neighbor wants it his way.my actual neighbors are cool its others in town who are having a problem with their neihgbors.but their problem is going to affect everyone in the town.if this law passes people are gonna flip out!!!!!
they have been fighting this battle for 3 years and they are still trying to ban this they are not giving up on this issue.thursday sept. 16 they had a meeting .and it was in the paper on friday. they are still tring to come up with a resolution. SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-20-2004, 03:29 AM
Quad Patrol

Keep on them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If you don't, it will pass and getting it turned around is very hard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Doesn't sound right to me. Keep up the good fight

Old 09-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would imagine that noise is the primary problem??? Encorage people to ride quiet machines. I ride my local hills (400 acres of private property, with the permission of the land owner), and nobody ever even knows I am out there.

Old 09-20-2004, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Typical,

This is why I moved out of NJ. Land and space are becoming so scarce it's impossible not to **** people off even without trying. And rich people rule in NJ. I doubt very much it will pass, they can't keep you from riding on your own land. However I bet there is something they can do/say about the noise.

Old 09-20-2004, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

Didn't we just have a kid asking where to buy the loudest possible pipe, so he can deafen people 10 miles away?

Go find him and thank him for your troubles.

Old 09-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

hey guys thanks for the replies.i totaly agree with you all on the noise issue.ive been saying that all along.i ride a quiet 4x4 and nobody hears me.
its true the very loud bikes is whats causing the problem.people dont want to hear that all day on the weekend.i agree niether do i.but these loud bikes are gonna ruin it for the rest of us.i have a few friends with these loud exhausts and i say to them why do you have to be so loud?your drawing attention.they dont understand me .they take it as a compliment.one argued weed wackers ,lawnmowers and chain saws are loud.i respond with .you cant quiet those things.BUT you can quiet your modified exhaust by putting on the stock one thats the difference.they still dont understand.but in a recent town article they did mention the noise ordinance angle.which i have no problem with. but my 2 stroke and modified buddies might.

Old 09-21-2004, 02:01 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Cheapass
Didn't we just have a kid asking where to buy the loudest possible pipe, so he can deafen people 10 miles away?

Go find him and thank him for your troubles.
You got that right, Cheapass

Old 09-21-2004, 02:23 AM
Range Rover

Just another example of how 'a couple of rotten apples spoils the whole barrel'. Competition season is winding down in my local area, two drag race events next month - one the first Sunday and another the last Saturday. I may not even wait until after the October 30th races to put the stock exhaust back on both my quads. Thanks to the dry weather around here, the soybean harvest is already well under way and some farmers are getting started on cornfields too, which means to me that (quiet) trail riding season is almost here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

sounds unconstititional but then hey money talks an bs walks is what old man use to tell me.I know how ya feel I live in next town from you an believe me we got some stuppppppid morons runnin our town 2.

Old 09-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

yeah we have a guy that moved into a small country neighboor hood. and whants everybody to stop riding their quads and motorcycles on the big field that the farmer lets us ride on . the other big problem is that he is a cop. we have all chewed him out but he is just An a$$ hole

Quick Reply: illegal to ride atvs ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY!!!!