Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

John Kerry rides an Arctic Cat

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default John Kerry rides an Arctic Cat

I got this off Kerry's website. It's out of the Kerry-Edwards mission statement for a cleaner environment:

"John Kerry will reinstate the Clinton administration’s phase-out of noisy and polluting
snowmobiles, which have been overrunning some of our most precious national lands,
including Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park. While snowmobiles,
jet skis and all terrain vehicles have their place, they do not mix with sensitive wildlife
resources and our nation’s most treasured wild places."

Old 10-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

thats it if kerry rides a artic cat im going to go catch fire to my sled

Old 10-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Everyone will have to pick their posion in November. Bush is no better then Kerry about telling the truth. They will say what they have to say to get votes. My vote is for Kerry however.

Old 10-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.

Perhaps you should read this again more carefully.

"John Kerry will reinstate the Clinton administration’s phase-out of noisy and polluting
snowmobiles, which have been overrunning some of our most precious national lands,
including Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park. While snowmobiles,
jet skis and all terrain vehicles have their place, they do not mix with sensitive wildlife

Old 10-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Deeplaker60
Perhaps you should read this again more carefully.

Sure does. A link would be better, but I found it. One strike against Kerry... so it's 1 for kerry, 862084201223 for Bush.

Old 10-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

I would agree there are a lot of similarities between politicians, no matter what party. But it's clear that Bush and Kerry are very different when it comes to the issue of motorized recreation. It's scary that ATV'ers can't agree on this. You can bet that evnironmental extremists are 100 percent behind Kerry's position.

Old 10-22-2004, 01:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

You know all you people that support bush have to say negative about Kerry is look at his voting record i wish you guys and girls would come up with something new.

Old 10-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Trailblazer

FMF..... here ya go, something other than a voting record.......off the ATV course...

1. Kerry wants to increase minimum wage by $1.50/hr, however social security gets an increase of 2.7%. Anybody collecting social security will fall deeper in the hole. Not only will the elderly feel the burn, but what about the small business that already feel the burn due to the influx of product from Asia? it's a double slap to the economy so the Pizza boy can make a little more money.

2. Kerry's plan on educational funding (assuming you dig deep in his plan) indicates an overall 11% decrease in federally funded programs, some will be completely deleted so that various funds can be allocated to social service programs.

3. The rising cost of health insurance is directly related to the staggering increase of health care costs, the largest contributor to rising health care costs is the 400% increase of malpractice insurance over the past 10 years..... sooooooo, we have one of the MOSTsuccessful injury lawyers in history attempting to place himself in the second most powerful position in the world.... NOT a good mix!!

4. I do believe there are ways to preserve our worlds environment, global warming, ESA, and other issues, buuuuuuut when people LOSE jobs and can't feed their families because we need to save the "one eyed purple bark beetle", thats a little overboard, we need to place our people and the weel-being of family above an insect or bird sometimes.

5. What does Mr. Kerry stand for, what are the rest of his plans? Bush supporters do go overboard on the whole "voting record" issue, however, my wife (a HARDCORE democrat), is even upset, Kerry has tunnel vision....here is a classic example... Mr. Kerry, what is your plan to decrease unemployment"? "Well.......hmmmm, hmmmmm, lets get back to the war in Iraq, everything is Iraq, how are you going to do this? hmmm, lets talk about Iraq.... pick your poison, one side keys in on voting records, buuuut discusses other issues, the other side has nothing to discuss but Iraq.

The list could go on for hours and hours but this is probably not the best place for that.

SORRY EVERYBODY, JUST COULDN'T RESIST!!

Off to glamis, everybody have a great safe and fun weekend wherever your riding!! check you all next week!!

Old 10-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Kerry is your man no-matter what your stand on a topic is. Agree with it...Kerry is on your side......disagree....you got it, Kerry is still in your corner...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Range Rover

Let us grasp firmly, the political reality as it pertains to John Kerry, outdoor motor sports, and hunting. In the past few days John Kerry handlers have given emphasis to his love of hunting. This is, shall we say, interesting. Just a few short weeks ago he was presented with a firearm as a gift. This very firearm is one he himself attempted to have banned. That he also enjoys ATVing I will admit is news to me.

The first thing which must be considered is if you can believe John Kerry. Does he mean what he says in relation to outdoor sports or is this just political maneuvering and a disingenuous election year metamorphosis of his position(s) on issues related to our sport? Folks...if you've paid even slight attention to this election you can't escape the fact that Kerry hasn't stood firm on ANY issues. His campaign strategy is based on WHAT will get him elected not WHY he should be elected!

But...for the sake of the argument, let us give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to hunting and ATVs. When all is said and done he still belongs to a political party which is in bed with environmental extremist groups (many of which, due their actions, should be classified as terrorists). Don't kid yourself, many of these groups set traps for off-roaders which are intended to severely injure and even cause death. The Democratic Party has for decades worked against our sport and there have been no signs from Kerry or the party itself that they will stop any time soon.

We're never going to have the "perfect" president as it pertains to our sport. And maybe we shouldn't. Most issues need to spend time on a scale so that a fair balance can be achieved. I don't believe any of us feel we should be able run quad in ANY area we come upon. I certain don't. Some areas need to be off limits. But many of the groups which support the Democratic Party and John Kerry seek not to simply limit our sport, they seek to eliminate our sport!

For me personally, this election presents me no tough choices. I feel Kerry is wrong not only when it comes to our sport, but across the board. (I might feel differently on some issues if he'd stick to one position on the issues.)

Moo,
WheelCow

Quick Reply: John Kerry rides an Arctic Cat