Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

John Kerry rides an Arctic Cat

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 09:27 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default John Kerry rides an Arctic Cat

ss97, You believe that if Kerry is elected president, that you as a ohv rider in New York, will be better off than if Bush is ? Land closures, restriction's, etc... ?

Old 10-18-2004, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mywifesquad:

Bush is in office right now, and he's done nothing to stop land closures in NY. In fact there have more closing under Bush than there was under Clinton.

The logic just doesn't pan out in reality for most states. Unless you are talking National parks, most closing happen at the hands of the state government.

Old 10-18-2004, 11:30 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

ss97, This bring's us back to where we were in a discussion on another post. It really bothers me that you think that way. No it is not time for name calling. I respect your opinion and am not able to argue what is affecting you 3000 miles away. So I believe your assesment of your situation. We each have a right to think the way we do. I do think it is time to really worry though. Dont you think it is scary that being seperated by 3000 miles and we each think our cantidate will help our situation for riding areas. And once again a topic example, no I dont want to argue this one either. The pro life people in NY will be voting for Bush as will those in Calif. Doesnt it seem kind of scary that given the same hobby, ohv's, we are this far apart. And I know that we each are not only voting for our right to ride.

Old 10-18-2004, 01:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ss97, Have you found any documentation on this? Like a photo on the web? I dont doubt its true...but everyone says shrub is for atvs, and ive never seen a picture of him on a quad ( itd probably turn out like ozzy).

Old 10-18-2004, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

mywifesquad,

Truth is, I don't expect either one to help in the land closing department. As I said, most of us are effected by local, private and state owned lands. The government only has control over National Parks, not state lands.

I am of the opinion that we cannot do much to stop them from closing National Parks to OHVs.

As far as why I'm voting for Kerry, the ATV issue is not even on my agenda. There are too many huge problems right now in the world that I would be short-selling myself to vote based on anything so personal. I respect people right to choose for any reason they want, no matter how trivial to some.

I guess the fact that we are voting for different parties, yet have the same goal in mind for OHVs, only shows how diverse our country really is. We can agree to disagree while fighting for a common goal.

Old 10-18-2004, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

hondabuster,

I've looked around but I can't find one. Apparently there was a shot of him on a Cat taken a few years ago. The impression that I got from the Kerry camp was that the OHV issue was not even on his radar for the first few years, he's got bigger fish to fry.

Old 10-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Ive got to agree with you...There are so many huge issues facing us ... that even if kerry would( if he could?), close off lands currently available, its insignifigant, to the real issues.
Id just like to have a pic of kerry on a quad, to show hes a normal guy too. There are so many lies and exagerations flying around, and the republicans bellieve that scareing people, with all those boogy men, and other make believe issues, will drive us to vote for them.
I used to be a republican, until they got so deeply into the us against them dogma. Either with us or against us. Well Im for republicans like Mccain,... but any that use hate , or fear, or use emotions over logic and intelligence, have lost me.

Old 10-18-2004, 06:33 PM
Trailblazer

hmmmmm.... one area I try to avoid on these forums is politics... buuuuuuuut, I couldn't ignore this one. I won't provide links, I am NOT a Bush campaigner, however, just do a search, it's out there. If you look at Kerry's involvement with the Desert Protection Act, and his voting record regarding the DPA, and then compare his co-authoring in this matter with Feinstein's, and Boxer's (both Cali Senate), you will see just how Kerry has played a roll in closures all the way over here in Cali ((California Desert Protection Act)) (directly related to Kerry), you will see that Kerry is a direct enemy of Offroaders and ATV enthusiasts. Politically speaking.... it really makes no matter who wins for me, my tax bracket has placed me directly in the middle of the 2 candidates, but from an environmental standpoint, there is no way somebody in my position can vot for Kerry.... other than the fact that I hate injury attorneys, so thats another strike.... but anyway, speaking in true facts... Kerry hurts the ATV enthusiast. Just do some Federal Desert Protection Act research, Kerry is all over the place, SPECIFICALLY relating to the use of OHV's. ONCE AGAIN, NOT trying to turn this in to a political forum, but people need to be informed as to which candidate effects our sport and how they effect it.

Old 10-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

i have my own opinion about goverment.bush or kerry both full of $hit.they ALL lie and tell the people what they want to hear.and most believe and fall for it.i dont believe in politics.it only benefits them and the people they know .we are all suckers.and hardworking high taxpaying people.they are true liars and hypocrites and good at making people believe in them.having said all of that.i love this country but not the people who run it or CONTROL it.whats the real meaning of freedom? maybe its riding an atv without being harrassed.?

Old 10-19-2004, 11:51 PM
Trailblazer

Spikeland.... I agree with some of the things you said. Politicians have always, and will always take care of the people that placed them in power before caring about us lil people. Loading the toy hauler up and taking the kids out to Glamis is pretty much my only escape from reality. I just hope that it doesn't get stripped away in the years to come. Sometimes I wish I was 10 again - life was soooo simple!!

Quick Reply: John Kerry rides an Arctic Cat