Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

More ATV haters

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2000, 02:11 AM
JRM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up my friends Bugle magazine printed by the rocky MT elk foundation and was shocked by two articles that were very against ATV use, I read as much as I could before getting so mad it made me sick. There were quotes such as "ATV riders need to get there act together or they will loose all ground" "ATV's should have large plates so people can turn them into the police when they ride off the trail" "with more and more ATV's we are going to have to start making users use the draw system to limit there numbers" "the smell of ATV exahust is scareing off elk" "I have always wondered what a shot threw the gas tank with my 7mm mag would do to a ATV" This is just nuts, I thought these people were level headed but I am very mistaken. The issue is the November/December edition. Joe

Old 10-09-2000, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Seems like a strange line coming from the RMEF. Here in Boise last year they raffled off a Polaris 500SP. The went something like, win this for your next elk hunt, Are they being hypocrites or what?

Old 10-09-2000, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

What a bunch of hippocrites. The last time we went riding, we passed five other ATV's with bow's mounted on the front racks!

Its not ok for us non-hunters to ride in the woods but it IS ok for the hunters!
:O

What a bunch of doo doo (not my first word choice)