Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Important Meeting(s) in Idaho

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005 | 09:09 AM
|
Range Rover
Default Important Meeting(s) in Idaho

Senator Larry Craig and the Under Secrectary of Agriculture Mark Rey (King of the Forest Service) will be holding "listening sessions" in Idaho on how the public wants to use the public lands. A 1hr Round table with discussions from the representatives and local leaders and officials. And a 1-hr public testimony.

July 6th in Boise - (not sure of the details)

July 7th in Coeur d'Alene - North Idaho College,
Student Union Building,
Lake Coeur d'Alene room
7pm-9pm

Also heard they'll be in Idaho Falls.

I can't stress enough the importance of ATVers to attend these meetings in numbers and show support for our sport. With 12.5 million acres of Wilderness in Idaho (roadless areas). We need to promote access and voice our concerns and rights as ATVers. Again the more ATV supporters that show up. The greater the impact will have on our Washington Representatives.

Old 07-05-2005 | 02:34 PM
Range Rover
Default Important Meeting(s) in Idaho

Not to step on your toes Rockman, but I started another thread regarding this with more meeting information,so we could get as many as possible to ALL of these meetings. If you are subscribed to this thread you'll get a email on it I suppose. The other thread has the specifics on 2 other hearings. Thanks