Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

environMENTALists

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default environMENTALists

heres some quotes by some tree huggers:

http://rightwingnews.com/quotes/wacko.php

all i gotta say is that these guys are idiots and must be stopped!

Old 07-21-2005, 10:54 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Link

Very true, but the problem is they are well organized and very well funded. That and 1/2 of the people in this country (Based on the last few elections) agree with them or at least vote to support them. It makes me crazy if I think about it too long, because out here in ca they are winning big time.

And welcome to the forum BloodyRomance,

Old 07-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

damn hippies
"We have wished, we ecofreaks, for a disaster or for a social change to come and bomb us into Stone Age, where we might live like Indians in our valley, with our localism, our appropriate technology, our gardens, our homemade religion -- guilt-free at last!" WTF is this guy on crack

" We must reclaim the roads and plowed land, halt dam construction, tear down existing dams, free shackled rivers and return to wilderness millions of tens of millions of acres of presently settled land. -- David Foreman, Earth First!" ......... and pee in bushes and whipe our @ss with leaves

"Human beings, as a species, have no more value than slugs." -- John Davis WHAT ABOUT THE SLUGS. THEY HAVE RIGHTS TOO. lol

and why do all of them want the "human race" to go extinct. man these guys are f%*kin crazy. " lets kill ourselves so the world will still be healthy" why would you care about the world if you werent living on it. man i hate hippies

Old 07-24-2005, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

I have a theory that hippies will kill them selves by the year 3000-ryan, atvconnection member.
Hey, with all their anti human race $hit they are the only ones that will fall for their own crap. If they really believe that getting rid of the human race is the "cure" why don’t they start by killing themselves?

Old 07-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer

I still believe the best plan would be to unleash Eric Cartman on all hippies. I believe he hates them more than anyone, or atleast start with his example and have a hippie round up starting by luring them into everyone's basement's with pot and mushrooms, lock all doors and burn the houses down. After all, I believe the loss of several hippies is worth the loss of a home, it will even itself out in the end. Damn hippies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-29-2005, 08:55 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Mywifesquad... you have to look deeper at the issues regarding the eco warriors. Unfortunately, people give their money to these people and vote for environmental issues expecting to save the whales or virgin forests etc not knowing that the money is being used in ways that are not even close to what they had intended it to be used for. On top of this, the environmental lobby also uses it's political and legal clout to bring numerous and many times questionable lawsuits against both ATV enthusiasts, but also against the State and Federal agencies that administer current and planned programs. This causes them to use funds that would be used to build, maintain trail systems, and administer programs to defend themselves in court.

The end effect is that they have no money left over, and the environmentalists win by default.

There needs to be a fundamental shift in their thinking... because other more acceptable options are available. If they were to sit down and work with the government programs and enthusiast organizations, so much more could be acomplished. For example, their main argument has been focused on environmental damage caused by ATV's. If we could use the funds in their intended way, we could use the funding to build trails that are much more eco friendly... by using materials and techniques like building bridge/decks over environmentally sensative areas/marshland etc.. and using road base materials and drainage designs to keep areas from developing into mud holes etc. A lot of trail grooming could be accomplished as well. Education programs could be expanded to include environmental awareness with their input... The possibilities are endless...

Unfortunately, the enviro warriors are taking an all or nothing approach to the subject... and the legal system is designed to facilitate their behavior.

What can we do to fight this? Remove their funding sources is one. Call for a general public accounting on how the funds are used ( a real eye opener there) Become involved with organisations that are attending the same meetings they are testifying at and correcting the misleading data they present.. In short, we must become them to fight them...

Old 07-29-2005, 09:10 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I agree with you DB, The environmental wackos have good intentions. I mean on the surface it looks like they care more than we do. And I believe most of them truly believe thay they do care more. The problem is that the majority of people dont think any more, they only feel. JMO

Old 07-29-2005, 09:11 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: snowbuster
If they really believe that getting rid of the human race is the "cure" why don’t they start by killing themselves?
A good idea except they think they deserve to be here.

Old 07-29-2005, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Just wondering.. if they think and act like squirrels, should they be considered and called a squirrel?

Old 07-29-2005, 12:34 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
Just wondering.. if they think and act like squirrels, should they be considered and called a squirrel?
I guess it would be OK, just as long as they dont get more popular when called a squirrel. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: environMENTALists