Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

ATV Restrictions

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Restrictions

By the way, I received the board's contact info via an 'attachment'.

In Michigan, you are first told that forcing the state to publicly display your representaive's contact info is "not an issue"...
You are then told by the representative himself for many months that his info is displayed on the state site (it is/was not)....
...then you are told that the whole issue is "under review" and that any/all dissemination of this simple information will be by "formal request only"

How can you be on either side of this fence and still look the citizenry of this state in the eye like a man should?

Old 11-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Default ATV Restrictions

You know what gentlemen... I and I know a lot of others have too, have had enough of this tit-for-tat that continues to pop up on every thread that is TRYING to discuss REAL subjects like Access, controls etc... Every time you two start going at it, you kill the discussion and frankly we DON"T CARE WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN YOU TWO IN MICHIGAN! If you can't put aside your obvious hatred for each other, go find another sandbox.... this one is full.

Now I know that I do not run this place, and I and everyone else have been tolerant to a degree with the arguments in the past.. but enough is enough. We are tired of it.

Why don't you two just drop the gloves and settle it offline... the website provides a private message capability... USE IT!

Old 11-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV Restrictions

Originally posted by: blackballed
By the way, I received the board's contact info via an 'attachment'.

In Michigan, you are first told that forcing the state to publicly display your representaive's contact info is "not an issue"...
You are then told by the representative himself for many months that his info is displayed on the state site (it is/was not)....
...then you are told that the whole issue is "under review" and that any/all dissemination of this simple information will be by "formal request only"

How can you be on <EM>either</EM> side of this fence and still look the citizenry of this state in the eye like a man should?
Sounds like an abrasive citizen with a self-serving agenda being hung out to dry.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV Restrictions

Originally posted by: Tass
"...I suppose there are local ATV clubs but I certainly am not aware of them..."
It's pretty tough to find an atv club (at least here in Michigan) where "non-profit" leadership encourages new membership who are at least half as intelligent as they are (it's much easier to organize trailside weenie roasts; <U>not</U> hold elections, put your wife and brother-in-law on the board of directors and write off every vacation you take as 'business'....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] or even atvers who really care whether their policy decisions overall direction have "AMA" written all over them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I've joined 3 clubs in lower Michigan; 3 in the U.P.; 3 outstate and two national organizations...let's just say that the further you get to the guy running his atv "non-profit" and the more questions you ask (for the most part)...the more 'interesting' it gets.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV Restrictions

[quote]
Originally posted by: georged
".. Read most any topic on this board; 'Will it do wheelies', 'mine'll do 85mph on the street', 'I had to get the truck to tow it out of the great mud hole we created', 'pulled that 200-year old cactus down like it was a toothpick', 'stupid cops', 'stupid land owners', stupid enviros, stupid forest service, etc. Many sound like former Hells Angels who went to ATVs.The major obstacle ATV riders face in public acceptance is the attitude of that group who consider it their right and desire to operate ATVs in a irresponsible manner....."
I think what gets lost here is that nobody on the board ever bothers to call them on any of this for fear of.....(I've never been able to figure that one out).
Any forum (or orv community for that matter) is a direct reflection of the people in it willing to allow the lowest common denominator even one breath of fresh air when spewing the kind of garbage you describe. When you're too 'tired' and simply lay down with the dogs....or your advertiser(s) could care less what the guy says who sends them in a buck fifty....who are you really?

Old 11-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV Restrictions

[quote]
Originally posted by: blackballed
Originally posted by: georged
".. Read most any topic on this board; 'Will it do wheelies', 'mine'll do 85mph on the street', 'I had to get the truck to tow it out of the great mud hole we created', 'pulled that 200-year old cactus down like it was a toothpick', 'stupid cops', 'stupid land owners', stupid enviros, stupid forest service, etc. Many sound like former Hells Angels who went to ATVs.The major obstacle ATV riders face in public acceptance is the attitude of that group who consider it their right and desire to operate ATVs in a irresponsible manner....."
I think what gets lost here is that nobody on the board ever bothers to call them on any of this for fear of.....(I've never been able to figure that one out).
Any forum (or orv community for that matter) is a direct reflection of the people &lt;EM&gt;in it&lt;/EM&gt; willing to allow the lowest common denominator even one breath of fresh air when spewing the kind of garbage you describe. When you're too 'tired' and simply lay down with the dogs....or your advertiser(s) could care &lt;EM&gt;less&lt;/EM&gt; what the guy says who sends them in a buck fifty....who &lt;EM&gt;are&lt;/EM&gt; you really?

Very true. It reminds me of people demanding a voucher school system to place their children in private schools because public school
instruction is geared to the lowest common denominator. What happens when 50% of those proud parents discover their children are the common denominator?

Old 11-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV Restrictions

(lol)...or those same parents get this http://www.kalamazoopublicschools.co..._id=1131671949 'rude awakening' when they yank them out (this program was just unveiled last week in our community and am sorry to get off-topic)

Old 11-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ATV Restrictions

DRAGGINBUTT,
I've tried best as I could to stay out of BB posts,however,I will not tolerate ANYBODY making false accusations towards the club im a member of and support,especially on a Nationwide basis where it can be viewed for EVERYONE to see.BB publically attemted to discredit our ATV club and I WILL publically defend this club and its members against false accusations made by ANYBODY.Sorry if your offended.

FYI,if you care to even know,myself and BB are not as far apart as you may want to think on some issues.We have both worked TOGETHER before and have fought together before as well.My issues with him are his constant and continued 5 yr efforts and accusations towards ANY and EVERY organization that has ANY affliation to our sport..There is absolutley NO pleasing this guy..Through his OWN admittance,he has been a member of 11 differant ORV related clubs,and yet not one of them meet his expectations.He has e-mailed about every ORV affilate in the State with his accusations and quite frankly,I've been advised that the folks in this State are fed-up with his BS and most dont even answer him anymore.

I have never heard him come up with a SOLUTION to ANYTHING..He's the best you could ask for at pointing fingers.If he spent 1/2 the energy coming up with usefull answers or solutions as he does pointing fingers,I think he could/would be a great asset to the ORV community.

Old 11-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV Restrictions

Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE
"..and quite frankly,I've been advised that the folks in this State are fed-up with his BS and most dont even answer him anymore..."
I'm not even going to reply other than to say that the IRS has now had to get involved here and that these same people who "don't answer him anymore"....are the same folks not necessarily "liking" continued questioning regarding where our $4 million in suddenly unfrozen sticker money is about to be spent.

You draw your own conclusions as to what these guys are all about...I've given you my story and have never had any reason to change it.(I'm not the one trying to run a "non-profit" in the casual world of light 4-wheeled recreation [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ).

Old 11-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ATV Restrictions

If you would have made the last ORV board meeting,than you would'nt be asking where the next 4 million dollars of our ORV dollars are being spent.

And just EXACTLY what does running ANY non-profit organization have to do with our conversation anyways?

Can you show me WHERE it states that non-profits are inelgible to receive grant funding from our ORV fund?

I did'nt think so![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ATV Restrictions