Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

ATV Revolution Needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006 | 09:29 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Default ATV Revolution Needed

Yes I think everyone agrees, everything in moderation. Whn talking about re-forrested areas, I guess if you keep to the trails and not out doing donuts in the freshly planted seedlings, I have no issues. I can see how others may complain however since the years following clearcut certainly put the ground at risk to erosion... and many see this a blight on what already is an ugly situation.

What I see however, is a perfect opportunity for ATV enthusiasts. At that point, it is land ripe for establishment of trails. At no time will you have a more clean slate to work with... and at a point where building trails could not be any easier. The difficult part is going to be in convincing the authorities that a little work now, can pay dividends down the road. The animals will benefit from the pathways, ATV enthusiast have a place to ride that will keep them out of the pristine areas, and the land will get used for more than just watching the birds and bees do what birds and bees do... for a very long time before the forest is ripe for logging again.

There is the public service angle to be capitalized on for both sides too... A little POSITIVE media is a good thing... The thing is you need to be relentless in your response. Don't get angry, just persistant...