Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

This is scary- Pentagon spying on Americans

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is scarry- Pentagon spying on Americans

5) I will quote from your sig "if you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." This would be the case for all of the people promoting some conspiracy theory. From my perspective, the people using scare tactics, flat out lies, misrepresented data, etc., are the ones on the left. The article you site is a perfect example of somebody trying to pull the wool over peoples' eyes.
Lets be fair, and agree that both sides are using various tactics to promote their party. Lets also agree that both sides are for themselves and their party, and it apears no one is siding on the side of the American people.

Remember that someware between two opposing stories lies the truth, and its very, very rare for it to be completely on either side.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

Wait, didn't your prior post say that bin scumbag DIDN'T admit to 9/11? Which way is it? If he was involved and is now hiding in caves and has to have all of his cronies hide in caves, or go to dinner in a hut and get blasted, then how effective could he possibly be? He is not the main focus because the cells themselves can operate without him and THEY are the main targets

Do you know that there are many who believe Osama actually had little to do with the 9/11 attacks? He is tagged as the backer and planner of the attempts in 93, but there are some (they were in one of the links I posted earlier) who believe that 9/11 was orchestrated by a combination of the obvious terrorists on board, and both US and Isreal inteligence agencies.

There are still others that believe there is a lack of interest in capturing him due to the fact of all that can be found and accomplished both physically and via propaganda by continueing to search for him.

I cant say I have put enuogh time into the first one to have formed any real opinion on it, but the second one does make some sense, but also isnt entirely logical either.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

You asked why it hasn't made the mainstream press. It is because even they have their limits of absurdity. This article is an example of how liberals view the US. You all think the US is a pit, a disgusting hole that the world despises. You gleam at the news that bad things happen to the US as it supports your ideas that "we are bad". A good day for the US is a bad day for liberals. Economy gets better - bad liberal day. Voting a new Iraqi government - another bad liberal day. Numbers of welfare recipients drops - bad day for liberals. Jobs increase - bad day for liberals. Stock market regains pre-9/11 strength - another bad liberal day.
Its sad that much of this is true, but its the why "we are bad" that concerns many including myself.

If you listen to others outside of the US or that did not get their major education and family raising here they have a very different opinion of us as a nation and people than most would expect. Sure it going to vary by where they were from or their social and financial situation abroad, but still many of the basics are the same.

I think most everyone I have talked with associated the US with power, ability, and even greatness, and consider us citizens to be living a dream type of life, and how wonderful things can be here, but along with this also comes disgust with our bully type of dealings with their former country, anger for what they call putting our nose in their business, and not being able to trust the word of our goverment due to the many half finished foreign activities we have been involved with in the past, and many seemed to dislike the way our govt preaches equality and fairness, and then ships pows to cuba under conditions that will be debated for years to come.

Some had specific issues like our favored nation being one of their enemies etc, and others, but the above was the theme of what I felt from talking with various people from outside the US. If you want an earfull spend a few minutes with clerk at the kwiki mart or ER Dr working on your latest mishap. You may be suprized at what you hear.

One thing is for sure that these are not a republican or democrat only issue or cause.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:25 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Interesting to see this thread still alive and kicking. Interesting reading.

Originally posted by: 440EX026
There are still others that believe there is a lack of interest in capturing him due to the fact of all that can be found and accomplished both physically and via propaganda by continueing to search for him.
I believe a lot of that. It's hard to capture a ghost.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Interesting to see this thread still alive and kicking. Interesting reading.

Originally posted by: 440EX026
I believe a lot of that. It's hard to capture a ghost.
Especially when that ghost allows perpetuation of the protecting the public wallet breaking myth.

Old 01-31-2006, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: georged
Originally posted by: SandmanBlue
I can't remember who wrote "Jesus was a liberal", but he certainly would not subscribe to the liberal mentality shared by the Democrats today. Here is a list of liberal policies to which Jesus would not have subscribed.

Big government. High taxes. Forced equality. Lack of moral values and laws - i.e., you can't show the Ten Commandments on government property, g@y marriage.

Instead, he preached forgiveness, tolerance, prayer and morality. Above all he taught us about GOD, which seems to be the very last thing that a liberal would want to discuss or promote.

Oh, and abortion. Hmmm, I wonder what he'd say about that???
As a lifelong registered Republican who despises current administration's ongoing fiscal irresponsibility and foreign policy ruining US interests, I have to ask what does an antiquated, mythical belief system have to do with any of this thread? Evangelistic crusades are a personal matter.
I was only replying to a specific post where someone said the Jesus = Liberal thing. It was brought up by another poster, and I thought it was so ridiculous that I could not let it stand.

Old 01-31-2006, 04:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

[quote]
[quote]
Originally posted by: georged
I can't remember who wrote "Jesus was a liberal", but he certainly would not subscribe to the liberal mentality shared by the Democrats today.
Heres the article on jesus was a liberal, And theres no question he was.
http://www.commondreams.org/views04/1019-24.htm

I realize most people would rather not debate religion, Im sorry i brought it up.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

I cant believe I am going to do this, but

is there not a specific role played by religion in this whole list of events.

Sure money, power and greed may be the larger motivators of what has happened from the original beginning, but those people also have followed certain paths based on their beliefs too.

I agree discussing religion within a subject as potentially volitale as this could be a recipe for serious troubles in the thread, but it also has had its effects on what has happened, and what the future holds.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer

My last two cents on this one. The only thing consistantly accurate in a newspaper is located upper right and it's called the date, they sometimes get that wrong too. And to Hondabuster, 700 was a mechanical failure. Believe me or not, don't really care, I know Jim Kallstrom, let me say first he is one hell of a guy and there's no one I would rather go through a door with, but he was wrong. I spent weeks on dredges in the sound and time at the hanger in Calverton, it was what it was, a mechanical failure. Consipiracy theories abound in this age of "get it now information" and 50% of the crap is wrong or just plain spin both sides included. I live this crap everyday and work with others that do. They are hard working flag waving americans and just don't give a sh*&^t who you call or what you don unless it happens to connect to certain numbers or certain people. More than that we haven't got the time to screw with people who aren't up to no good. Sure some mistakes are made, faulty intel, or wrong targets, but I'm sure you've never made any mistakes in your job, oh yes, we who hold a badge are supose to be prerfect I forgot. You want to make a difference in the direction of this country? Than just exaclty what are you doing to defend it or make a difference? I am just sick and tired of people pissing all over the intel and law enforcement of this country. We work dam hard and thanks to the government often don't get paid for the extra hours we work. Next time you start pointing fingers (this goes for all who have), know what the h*^& you are talking about and be armed with facts you can prove, not from some egghead that has an axe to grind and hasn't left the basement of some University in 10 years!!!

Old 01-31-2006, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

You want to make a difference in the direction of this country? Than just exaclty what are you doing to defend it or make a difference?
What are you suggesting should be done?

And what are those who you think are doing something, doing?

Quick Reply: This is scary- Pentagon spying on Americans