Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Off-Road Registration Stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008 | 08:30 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Default Off-Road Registration Stickers?

We checked that too.. at least we made sure the vent was able to flow air.... It has been a real mystery...

Old 06-01-2008 | 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

set up a secondary gas source. I have used a 2 gal gas can with only the same size gas hose that fits the carb. when it acts up pull the line connected at the carb and block it off so no gas comes out. ( Dont want any fires ) then hook up the other hose to the carb and see if the problem goes away. if it does go away you know have atleast narrowed the problem between tank and filter and fuel line.

I'm just kinda guessing here but hope it helps.

Old 06-11-2008 | 03:27 PM
Trailblazer

This may be completely coincidental, but we filled up at a Noco and filled my buddy's Grizzly with it. an hour later it was stalling, wouldn't crank, then would crank and then backfire. We feared water in the gas but we didn't go into any water. We added Stay-bil to the tank and it still did the same. So, we drained the tank and siphoned some gas from the riding mower and it worked fine.

Old 06-12-2008 | 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah the stuff out there is getting really bad. For the price we pay, you would think you wouldn't have ot worry about it, but I think there are a lot of shady charaters out there that would stop at nothing to make an easy buck at our expense. Although in this case, it apears the new gas filter is working. I did however do something more drastic. I bought him a new machine last Tuesday. He now has a new Honda TRX 250 to play on. We are both happy....

Old 06-12-2008 | 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

I want one too.. PLEASE...I'll supply the gas.

Old 06-13-2008 | 01:02 AM
Range Rover

well back to the OT for a moment. In CO you must get stickers for OHV use. This costs about 25 bucks. You can even do it online- amazing at how helpful the gov't is when it comes to giving them money..........

Sadly, it took me nearly six weeks to get my stickers in. Until then you have to keep the print out saying you paid. I would just say that if the gov't is going to force you to buy something from them, they should at least be prepared to handle it in a timely manner.

Worse, for some reason here we get two big stickers. Now, a quad isn't that big, and you have to be right up on it to read the numbers anyway. So why two stickers instead of one? According to the instructions they must be on both front fenders- which of course you can see both on a quad at once. So having not one, but TWO big blue stickers on my nice camo paintjob is annoying- especially since you can see both stickers at once.

That's just dumb. Twice as many stickers need printed, twice as many shiny things ruining my camo job. If it were front and back, that'd be dumb enough- but two stickers 2 1/2 feet apart is a waste. It's simply asinine.

Plus you have to keep registration cards on you as well. It's getting silly. The need for all that on a quad just isn't there. It's almost like they want to make it such a hassle to ride an ATV that maybe you just will give up and stay home.

I don't mind the fee- although that's 50% of what it costs me to register my truck. Seems a bit excessive. Still- no problem with a fee, just that how much less would it cost if you eliminated that second sticker and accompanying paperwork??

And enforcement is strong here. Lots of DOW and Park Service guys checking. So better have that stuff strait. Although the DOW guys have all been cool when I've talked with them- professionals to a one.

My beef is only in the cost (minor) and the inefficiency of the system (also minor) and of course the sillyness of two big stickers over my camo paint (minor but annoying)

Old 06-13-2008 | 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

The majority of funds in any program will go to administration... not trail building... but it is a start...

Old 06-16-2008 | 08:07 AM
Trailblazer

Is there a www site that tells you which states do and don't have reciprocal registration laws?
Ride Happy - Ride Safe
DC

Old 06-16-2008 | 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

I'd start with the blueribboncoalition page. They have a lot of stuff like that available...

Old 06-17-2008 | 03:55 PM
Trailblazer

It really sucks here, they dropped the reg fee from 25 to 10 for some reason. They also changed the renewal date from 04/30 of every year to 09/31 of every year. They aren't using the money to make new trails here- there are plenty of trails, just not legitimate ones. Most trails are okay to ride here, but if you get a dick cop they will hit you with the book. As for stickers, all we require here are license plates with a sticker on it affixed to the rear of the machine, and a printed reg card on hand (I keep it in my tool box) and valid insurance card (I also keep that on the machine at all times). This is NY state.

Quick Reply: Off-Road Registration Stickers?