Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Thoughtless riding equals closed trails

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rancher, I disagree. I don't think it is too much to expect from our riders. I have raised three children to respect others, to be cognizant that the world is not their oyster to use as they see fit, and I have taught them right from wrong. There is a place for everything, and if they want to race, then find a track to do it on. Not through a wetland area.

The problem is that parents are not involved ENOUGH. They think ATV's are baby sitters, and don't take the time to teach their children proper riding procedures. Let alone take the time to educate themselves so they CAN make good decisions in the first place. They stick their heads in the sand and hope the problem goes away. It eventually does with the kids move out or they bury them in a pine box.

We can sit here and point fingers at the idiots and teen wannabe's, but the root answer is that we as parents have not done a good job of controlling our kids, or teaching them right from wrong. God help the next generations when their kids learn from our progeny.

The real bad part is that the ones that are doing the damage will quickly get bored with the ATVs and move on to the next thrill without a second thought.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where I live there is four wheeler trails all around my house. I love riding in mud but I never leave the trails, as much as I love mud riding I wont go off the trails. Most people in my area are pretty good about it to.