Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Deer hunter dies in ATV crash

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deer hunter dies in ATV crash

A Buffalo County WI hunter was found dead when he failed to return from moving his deer stands. The sheriff said he had "crashed his ATV on a hillside."

--I am getting reluctant to post these fatality reports, but I hope it raises awareness and does some good. I'm going out today to move a deer stand and I know I can't help but be extra careful after reading this.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

There is risk involved with everything we do. Its sad to read about events like this one. But it is a risk you take when you get on or in any machine. Posts like yours solidify my belief that one should not ride alone.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.

Originally Posted by jgar
There is risk involved with everything we do...
You got that right! When I was putting up that deer stand, I fell and must have hit the ground hard. I have no memory of exactly what happened. All I remember is standing there, banged up and my glasses missing. Good thing I had my ATV, because it would have been painful or impossible to walk home. No broken bones or head trama, but after two weeks I'm still sore in a couple of places.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:43 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jgar
There is risk involved with everything we do. Its sad to read about events like this one. But it is a risk you take when you get on or in any machine. Posts like yours solidify my belief that one should not ride alone.
x2

and- why it's so important to know the limits of your machine- and how to handle it over unfamiliar terrain.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Glad you were okay, Deeplaker and able to get home. I rarely ride alone, although riding with Jgar and Beergut may be more hazardous than riding alone. Jury's out on that one I guess! It's good for us to sober up and realize we have limits and that life is more important than the next thrill.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:37 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Glad you were okay, Deeplaker and able to get home. I rarely ride alone, although riding with Jgar may be more hazardous than riding alone. Jury's out on that one I guess! It's good for us to sober up and realize we have limits and that life is more important than the next thrill.

I agree- riding with jgar can be hazardous to your health

Old 10-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have no limits when riding and yes, riding with me can be very hazardous. Thats what makes it fun.

Deeplaker60, glad to hear that you are ok. Every fall is serious, if you were able to walk away that makes you a luck man.