Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Gun owners, it's time to act!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 10:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was more to the "background" check than meets the eye. Ask the people in NY that are getting screwed. There are flaws in HIPPA that they have used against them. Enforce the laws we have don't make more.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Expanded back ground check couldn't make it through the Senate!! Everyone that voted yes will probably be looking for new employment come election time again I believe Senator McCain already has his ticket home to Arizona.....
the only thing the politicians lose is their "power". once they serve 5 yrs, they get that salary/benefits for life. the taxpayer is always the loser.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

No matter what the Feds do, the states will control the programs. And I believe you are seeing actions in Colorado and Missouri that are trending what the nation is feeling about gun control. The result is the administration's compleat and utter failure to do anything useful. Their reaction has been to purchase all ammunition production for the next year, artificially causing shortages in the more popular calibers used in so called assault weopens. Well guess what, that is crumbling too. How long will it be before the Government puts all that ammo on sale due to storage costs etc....

Old 09-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

do ya think that'll end up in auction on storage wars? at the taxpayer's expense? bwahahahaha

Old 09-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Starting to find stacks and stack of ammo cans in all sizes again now at my local gun dealer and even at local flea markets.Couldn't beg,borrow or steal one 8 months ago.. Big Gubment may still have a big hand in popular rifle calibers by buying up 90% of it,but I still think panic buying and hoarding is still a big cause from the general public. Hell,you can't even find 22 ammo anywhere and haven't for months...

Old 09-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Starting to find stacks and stack of ammo cans in all sizes again now at my local gun dealer and even at local flea markets.Couldn't beg,borrow or steal one 8 months ago.. Big Gubment may still have a big hand in popular rifle calibers by buying up 90% of it,but I still think panic buying and hoarding is still a big cause from the general public. Hell,you can't even find 22 ammo anywhere and haven't for months...
My son turned 21 last year right after the shooting in Conn. Most of the AR 15 copies were gone so I got him a Mini-14 in .223/5.56. He traded it in and with a couple hundred more was able to get a Sig Sauer AR copy. Nice rifle. What I noticed in all the stores where I looking for a semi-automatic, was that when they ran out of the 5.56's and other calibers, people started buying up the .22 LR semis like the Ruger 10/22 and others. Then they bought multiple boxes of 500 round. Just barely starting to see .22 trickle in. They probably sold more .22 than they would in a year in the space of a few weeks.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Yeah, you panic the public and they go crazy. The gun dealers around here were running out of guns. Most of the pawn shops in the area were cleaned out in a couple weeks too. Ammo is coming back now. I was able to buy another 1000 rds of .40 and 500 of 7.62/308 recently. the prices were higher this time around, but still I feel lucky to have gotten it. My wife, two sons and I all shoot regularly. I don't pull out the .308 Remmington too often though. Not until I am set up for reloading at least. We burn through 1000 rds .40 cal in a couple months. It is nothing to shoot 300 to 400 rnds every time we shoot. Only now started to save brass and reload our own. (My son has all the equipment. I bought the dies for .308 and .40) He shoots 556. He has the Sig Assault rifle too. You should have seen the looks we got when he pulled that cannon out and fired it for the first time at the NRA range at the HQ in Fairfax, VA. Everyone was shooting pistols and then you get the BOOM of a 556. Priceless. Now when I pull out the 700, I get even more looks. I've Been thinking about the mini 30 Ruger too for a semi Automatic long gun. That way I don't have to carry more than one long rifle ammo. But the model 700 SPS Heavy barrel, with scope, (poor mans sniper rifle) does everything I want it too up to 800 yards, thanks to some education from the Marine Sniper school at Quantico. Getting ready to swap out the stock for a Bell and Carlson and change the bottom metal to accommodate a 10 rd mag. then I am all ready for the Zombie apocalypse or any number of bad stuff as foretold by the American preppers.... on TV. Yep, the Dragginbutt likes his guns... and knows how to use them too. If I win the lotto, there would be an accuracy International in my gun safe too.... Ah, we have to have a dream eh? I will admit other than ATV's and sewing machines, Mrs DB hasn't shown this much interest in anything I like to do. Shooting is a real family sport for us. Now that is quality family bonding at it's best.