Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

E-10 Bad Enough....E-15 fuels Coming..

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-10 Bad Enough....E-15 fuels Coming..

I would just as soon have no ethanol in my fuels...... From the article...........

News of the world of motorcycling > Motorcyclists rally in Washington, D.C., seeking independent testing of E15 fuel blend

When they started going on this push for E15, I sent out a letter to all the auto manufacturers, and every last one of them said that using E15 in automobiles manufactured after 2001 would wreck the engines and void the warranties," Sensenbrenner said. "They didn't listen to that. So an EPA mandate [for E15] would mean that a lot of people would end up having very expensive repairs that are not covered by the warranty.

"Corn with a lot of butter is really good to eat," Sensenbrenner added. "But what is good to eat is not good to put in anybody's gas tank."

The risk is just too great for E15 fuel to be sold at the pump, said Stewart.

"The federal government does silly things from time to time, and this is one of them," Stewart said. "You have these beautiful machines out here, and if you put one of these blends in there, you're going to burn up those engines, and the manufacturers won't honor the warranty. It's just not a good idea to have this blend... We're going to challenge the EPA, and I think we're going to have some success."

Griffin noted that E15 isn't fully tested, and should be, before it is allowed to be sold.

"E15 is a disaster in the making," Griffin said. "The research isn't done on whether it's safe. Ethanol is just bad for engines generally, and to take it to E15, which puts at risk a bunch of equipment, as well as your motors, it's just ridiculous."

Valadao said it was important for people to speak out on the issue.

"It's just bad policy in general," Valadao said. "For me to be a part of this, and to have the opportunity to support you, it's an honor, because it's an issue I feel deeply about. You stepping up here means a lot."

Posey agreed that E15 will cause issues for vehicle owners.

"There are three things you need to know about E15: It's bad. It's bad. And it's bad," Posey said. "We all know what it can do to cars. We know what it does to bikes. We know what it does to racecars. We know what it does to motorboats. We know what it does to lawnmowers. It's not good for anything."

Petri noted that several manufacturers had told him of the potential dangers of E15.

"E15 will cause big problems," Petri said. "I say this as someone who comes from a corn-producing state. But we also make Harley-Davidsons in our part of the world. We make Mercury outboard motors in our part of the world. We make an awful lot of small engines for Briggs & Stratton. And the manufacturers of all this equipment tell me [E15] will not work. It will cause a lot of problems, and involve unnecessary expense."

Old 07-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Range Rover

Personal Liberty

Dear Jim,

Please find below a special message from our friends at Energy Citizens. They have some important information to share with you.

Sincerely,
Bob Livingston
Bob Livingston
Editor, Personal Liberty Digest™
Editor, The Bob Livingston Letter™

Dear Jim:

Every week, Americans across the nation rely on their cars, trucks, and SUVs to get to work, take their kids to school, and run their businesses. Almost every week, hard-working Americans need to stop at their local gas station to fuel up.

The last thing we need to worry about is what “blend” of fuel the EPA thinks we should put in our gas tanks.

But that’s not what Congress was considering when they passed the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS). The standard mandated that gradually increasing amounts of biofuels be blended into gasoline and diesel. However, when they set this arbitrary amount, they didn’t realize that the amount of gasoline and diesel we are using is steadily decreasing. In short, there is not enough gasoline and diesel to absorb the biofuel.

We need to tell Congress that the Renewable Fuel Standard is not the right answer for American’s energy strategy.
Failure to repeal the Renewable Fuel Standard this year will create big problems for American consumers:

Ethanol blends above 10% could damage millions of vehicles on the road today and void engine warranties;
Higher ethanol blends could harm gas station infrastructure;
The economic damage will impact everyone.
The answer is clear: The RFS is an unworkable federal mandate that must be repealed. Take action today!
Sincerely,

Energy Citizens

Repeal the RFS Mandate

Posted link to my FB also.........

Unless we want our chainsaws, lawnmowers , weedeaters, generators, outboards, bikes, quads snowmobiles, and ANY other small engines we own to be destroyed since ethanol free gas is becoming extinct,and the next step is E-15 coming soon we should sign on with this. I'm getting real tired of the "progressives" running every aspect they can our lives!! Cenex Snohomish, Sultan Pac Pride, Everett marina, and Eerett (so far) OK gas and smoke mart, and various airports are the only places in the county we can get it, and how many pollutants are realeased when we do all that driving (usually in our least fuel efficient vehicles...towing trailers) to get it?

Old 07-14-2013, 11:45 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

It,s the corn growing lobbyist big push. I use to buy my gas in the states (I live on a border town) but now I pay more and fill up in Canada where the gas comes from dead dinosaurs not a plant.

Soon there will be millions of corn drinking cars on the road while people are starving to death. LOL

Old 07-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

E15 is gonna be a bad thing.....but the govt will mandate the auto industry replace the engines once we blow'em up. just another bailout. the losers in control are just that....losers.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Turning food into fuel... Just think about it for a minute... Messed up!

Old 07-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by jgar
Turning food into fuel... Just think about it for a minute... Messed up!
And the opposite also. Using chemicals that are in antifreeze,etc and including them into food products such as the new condensed drink drops.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol
This is just one chemical. Many more out there just waiting to kill us..

Old 07-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Range Rover

Repeal the RFS Mandate
All I'm saying as many as possible shoud go to that link and spread it FAR and wide and we will have a better chance of there possibly being something done. (repeal or amendment to the act)

Old 07-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Signed the petition.

Had a question Elkaholic. Did you take the picture of the nice little kitty on the deck that's your avatar?

Old 07-15-2013, 05:33 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Signed the petition.

Had a question Elkaholic. Did you take the picture of the nice little kitty on the deck that's your avatar?
No I found it. We've Had 'em close here (same with wildfires)
but not quite that close. My neighbor shot 2 a few years back. Thanks for signing!

Attached Thumbnails E-10 Bad Enough....E-15 fuels Coming..-fire-08-05-04-smaller-yet.jpg  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Range Rover

"Today, virtually every gallon of gas sold in the U.S. contains 10 percent ethanol, meaning that higher blends of ethanol are needed to continue to reduce our dependence on foreign oil through biofuels".

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

Thank god she knows not of which she speaks! Although that is obviously the way she wants it!!

Thank you for contacting me about the Renewable Fuel Standard Elimination Act. I appreciate hearing from you, and sincerely regret the delayed response.

As you may know, Representative Rob Goodlatte (R-VA) introduced the Renewable Fuel Standard Elimination Act (H.R. 1461) on April 10, 2013. If enacted, this legislation would amend the Clean Air Act to repeal the Environmental Protection Agency's renewable fuel program. This legislation has been referred to the House Subcommittee on Energy and Power where it is currently awaiting further review.

Today, virtually every gallon of gas sold in the U.S. contains 10 percent ethanol, meaning that higher blends of ethanol are needed to continue to reduce our dependence on foreign oil through biofuels. In January 2011 the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced its decision to allow up to 15 percent ethanol (E15) gasoline blends for use in vehicles made after 2001. The EPA does not require any station to sell E15, but if a station chooses to sell both E10 and E15 blends, the EPA requires that either a pump be dedicated specifically for E15 or at least four gallons of gasoline must be sold from any pump that dispenses both E10 and E15. The latter option is meant to ensure a sufficient dilution of any residual ethanol in the hose to prevent damage to smaller engines not designed to run on ethanol blends higher than E10. The EPA also requires clear labeling of pumps that dispense E15 to inform consumers, and E15 is not permitted for vehicles built before 2001 or for off-road vehicles, including motorcycles.

As you may know, the production of biofuels in the U.S., primarily ethanol and biodiesel, has grown rapidly since the establishment of the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) in the Energy Policy Act of 2005. While ethanol derived from cornstarch has dominated U.S. biofuels production since its development in the late 1970s, in December 2007 I helped secure language in the Energy Independence and Security Act (P. L. 110-140) that caps the amount of ethanol derived from corn that could be used to meet the RFS. That means that over time, the percentage of ethanol produced from cornstarch or other food commodities is set to decline, and domestic biofuels derived from non-food sources will be used to replace foreign petroleum products.

I support alternative fuels that can help address climate change, rising prices at the pump, and our dangerous over dependence on foreign oil, and I believe the U.S. can make the transition to cleaner energy without suffering negative side effects. Biofuels made from non-food feedstocks are a particularly promising petroleum alternative and new research advances technology breakthroughs and infrastructure investments are likely to produce cost-effective petroleum alternatives from a range of domestic resources such as wood and agriculture waste, algae, and even municipal solid waste. I believe that Washington state can lead the nation in using sources other than corn to produce alternative fuels without raising food prices. Our state is already leading the nation in the production of biodiesel and is a world leader in developing biomass-based alternatives for jet fuel.

I believe one of the best ways to foster competition and provide consumers real choice at the pump is to create an open fuel standard. On September 22, 2011, I introduced the Open Fuel Standard Act (S.1603) with Senator Dick Lugar (R-IN) that would break oil's monopoly over the U.S. transportation fuel industry by ensuring that most new vehicles in the United States are capable of running on a range of domestically produced alternative fuels starting in 2015. While that bill unfortunately did not pass the Senate during the 112th Congress, please be assured that I will continue to support clean, innovative solutions to our nation's energy needs and to push measures to reduce our dangerous dependence on foreign oil and provide competition at the gas pump.

Sincerely,
Maria Cantwell
United States Senator

While Grandstanding (her website speech) in DC "DEMANDING" to know why fuel costs so much in the west ......DUH!!!!
I'm sure her 10% adds much more than 10% to the price!!

Quick Reply: E-10 Bad Enough....E-15 fuels Coming..