Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Lessons learned

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2001, 08:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In light of the terroist attacks on our country, you think we (as ATV anthusiasts) would get our act together. Nations from around the world have come together for a common goal. Nations that once were bitter enemys. We as Americans have put aside our petty differances and united as one nation.
My point here is...We like to RIDE atv's. I ride with owners of ALL DIFFERENT MAKES of atv's. Our common goal should not be to waste our presious time squabbling about who's is faster or who's is better or breaks more, our time should be used to unite our sport. Our sport needs more organized trail systems. Our sport needs support from our lawmakers. If we get together and show our mass and unity, WE can change these things.
Support your local club or start a new one. Lets show them that we can have a safe and organized sport. Show them that we are united and strong. Look at the legeslative power that the NRA has. This is thru unity and organization.
If we continue fighting and bashing others, (even just brand loyalty) we will devide our sport and lose sight of our common goal. TO RIDE

Sorry about the flag waving....wait, No I'm not...We should be waving our flag! Think about the big picture. Stop the whining, stop the bashing, START RIDING!!!

Old 09-30-2001, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

Victory,

WOW,thanks for your .02

John

By the way, I took my reply off because you've made me realize 'why bother' to comment on personal responsibility when the response is as unclemuck mentioned above or basically I'll put forth just enough effort to be a smart___. You're right, unclemuck.

Old 09-30-2001, 05:34 PM
Trailblazer

Wow

Old 10-20-2001, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

3 weeks ago I went to vermont being from Nj Where there is absolutely crap no where to ride I asked the 1 man where to ride up there.He replied even tho Vermont has lots of land its privatetly owned and the mfgs dont tell ya there is alot of places to ride until ya buy ya scoot and ask.He said ya have to join a club I replied back to his quads using snow mobile trails I said this being its time to get organized w and like the snowmobile clubs,he thought that was a very good idea,hunter groups too.I think what ya said bout getting together was a great idea I just didnt want to look like an anti american when every 1 is in so much pain as a nation by saying what ya did at least ya used tact and my response is wow.GOD BLess America!