Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Sand Mountain cleanup - Easter weekend

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Friends of Sand Mountain is organizing a cleanup on Saturday March 30, 2002 from 10AM - Noon.

More information on the Friends of Sand Mountain web site

Crowdog

Old 03-08-2002, 03:34 PM
Trailblazer
Old 03-08-2002, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

For your information, I do not support fees anywhere on public land. But if BLM implements their plan, I want to make sure that the money is returned to Sand Mountain and not to somewhere else. If you do not support the fees, tell BLM that. There is a link on the web page to email the person in charge.

As far as enforcing the rules out there, it is bound to happen. Sand Mountain gets more and more popular every year. Without some basic enforcement, thing will get out of hand just like they did at Glamis. Then you will end up with the opposite problem, too much enforcement.
The other reason that following a few basic rules is a good idea, is it gives the environmentalist wackos less ammo to use against us in closing the place down. Just imagine for a moment that an environmentalist is out there filming when burning tires roll down the hill. They will use this against use for years to come. We have enough problems keeping off-road areas open with all of the endagered species act mumbo jumbo (do you know anything about the Sand Mountain Blue Butterfly?), we don't need to give them more of a reason to shut us down.

Wake up before it is too late.

Old 03-13-2002, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

m249saw, I think you got lost on your way to the yammi forum thats 1 right and 2 lefts. LOL

Unfortunatly you represent the ever expanding number of enthusiasts that dont realize that the BLM rangers are like a sleeping dog, if you don't kick them they wont bite you. They are a necessary evil for those of us who like to enjoy our favotite riding places without enduring a bunch of drunk and drugged maniacs riding through our campsites all night. They help me to feel a little more confident that my quad (or all my gear) will be there in the morning.

I, like most, like to drink (once I'm done riding) get drunk and have a great itme at the dunes. Some say I've even done some stupid things (naturally I don't agree)but NEVER have had any problem with the rangers. If you respect other campers and don't allow your antics associated with your parting to interfere with others then you wont have a problem with the law.

By the way, once a commifornian always a commifornian.

Old 03-17-2002, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

M249SAW,
You can hate California all you want. You did the correct thing; YOU GOT OUT! Stay out! WTF needs an idiot like you anyway?
You call us commies and then insist that we want safety *****! What a moron you are; ***** and commies are complete opposites of the political spectrum.
Besides that, you probably didn't leave California on your own; your parents probably hitched the pickup back up to the POS single-wide you are living in and dragged it out of here!