OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

How to deal with the Pirates

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to deal with the Pirates

How should the U.S. handle the pirates off of the Somalia coast?
I think that as fast as we're printing money we should give them the 2 mil., get the barge capt. back and then blow them out of the water! (less money and fewer pirates) A win-win IMO!
I heard the guy's on the George Stepanopolis show talking about the "legality" of taking any action against them! They're PIRATES! They are the one's that are illegal!
What do you think?

Old 04-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Well, all I got to say to the US Navy is, "Nice shot".

Old 04-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

I would have swam a navy seal under the life boat and poked a little hole in the boat. The negotiations would have got back on track fast when they realized they were sinking. Then it would have looked like we rescued the pirates too. Then we would have had them in our custody. Oh well, this way we don't have to pay for a trial for all four. The big man decides what happens to em now. These modern day pirates just dont fit the mold of what we expect. ARRRRRRR.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Good job Navy and Navy Seals. That is how to deal with pirates and terrorists, not try to talk nice to them. The only thing thugs understand is greater force.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rancher55
How should the U.S. handle the pirates off of the Somalia coast?
I've been telling my wife for months that I'm surprised people aren't hunting them for sport. Put a seemingly harmless large craft out there and wait. Just cruise along in an expensive looking pleasure craft.....draw them nice and close.....then jump up and enialate them the second they try to board or make contact with the ship. On second thought, you could just blow a couple large holes in their rotting little craft and watch it sink. Give them just enough time to radio back to shore and call for backup I guess that's kind of a twisted way to spend your vacation. -Ten or twelve of these little surprise encounters will make them think three times before they they try this ****. I can't believe these large craft run around unarmed (laws or no laws)....WTF.

Awesome job by the Navy.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:43 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Good job Navy and Navy Seals. That is how to deal with pirates and terrorists, not try to talk nice to them. The only thing thugs understand is greater force.
I agree, the seals and Navy did an excellent job!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Yep, Funride, that is a good tactic. I thought it would be good for the Navy to make a ship that looks like a small cargo ship. Mount a couple of quad .50 machine guns behind some kind of false panel and as soon as a shot is fired rip them apart. Either that or find where their base is and get rid of all their boats. I don't think they'll try to hijack boats from innertubes.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Either that or find where their base is and get rid of all their boats. I don't think they'll try to hijack boats from innertubes.
I could see it escalating fairly quickly, but what are they going to do, what ground do they have to stand on? They're not just stealing and running anymore, they're taking US hostages and killing people. There's no government to speak of in Somalia anyway. The US should take the lead on this pirate BS and just eliminate the problem from the shore. It's an international problem, but likely we'll have to deal with it and get hardcore on them.

I've been told though that they usually monitor boats from afar while they're in port and take inventory of what goes on and comes off the ship; so they know the rough value of the cargo. The false Navy ship would have to dock for a bit and take on something really valuable....A Navy Seal team dressed as rich vacationers. Imagine a couple of Seals in tuxedos behind .50s

It's to the point now where I wouldn't even give them a chance to fire a shot. As soon as they come near the boat or make contact you let them have it.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:51 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I think all the ships should fly a over sized U.S flags now . the pirates probably will avoid that nightmare situation from now on.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
I think all the ships should fly a over sized U.S flags now .
That's a good idea. Although they claim to have "declared war" against the US. What a joke that is. Bring it on MFs.

Quick Reply: How to deal with the Pirates