OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Pelosi Lied. Will congress nail her butt?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009 | 09:07 AM
|
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Default Pelosi Lied. Will congress nail her butt?

LINK

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich has joined the forces attacking current Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Most readers will know by now that Pelosi said for years that she opposed Enhanced Interrogation Techniques passionately. They constituted torture, she said, and she even talked about prosecuting the Bush officials who allowed the CIA to use them on captured terrorists.

This year we found out that the CIA informed Pelosi about EIT’s years ago. She knew all about them in 2003 or even in 2002. Yet, when she was informed about what the techniques were exactly, she did not object to them.

Pelosi responded angrily, claiming that the CIA was lying. She was never told by them! She never knew! It was all purely hypothetical.

Right, until a report was presented to Congress and the CIA continued to leak information which showed that not the intelligence organization but the speaker herself was lying.

Pelosi has been under fire for weeks now. She has changed her story (and timeline) so many times that you have to wonder how she keeps track of them all. There is little doubt about who is and who is not lying here: Pelosi is obfuscating, spinning, twisting, distorting and, yes, lying through her teeth in order to save her own sorry butt.

But we will not play along, of course, and neither do Republican leaders like Gingrich who said today that Pelosi “has lied to the House” in claiming that she was never briefed by the CIA about the Bush administration’s use of waterboarding and other harsh tactics.

“I think she has lied to the House, and I think that the House has an absolute obligation to open an inquiry, and I hope there will be a resolution to investigate her. And I think this is a big deal. I don’t think the Speaker of the House can lie to the country on national security matters,” Gingrich said.

He continued: “I think this is the most despicable, dishonest and vicious political effort I’ve seen in my lifetime.”

“She is a trivial politician, viciously using partisanship for the narrowist of purposes, and she dishonors the Congress by her behavior.”

He added that “Speaker Pelosi’s the big loser, because she either comes across as incompetent, or dishonest. Those are the only two defenses. The fact is she either didn’t do her job, or she did do her job and she’s now afraid to tell the truth.”

Gingrich is right, of course.

Meanwhile, other Democrats are doing nothing to defend Pelosi. As far as the Obama White House seems to be concerned, she can consider herself as being thrown under the bus. And other Democrats realize she’s toxic, and are distancing themselves from her pretty rapidly.

Some have wondered whether Republicans are overplaying their hand. Perhaps. But can you blame them? This is a terrific opportunity to slap down one of the worst partisan and ideological hacks in Congress.

Old 05-18-2009 | 09:24 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

If this were a Republican that got caught in a lie, the libs would be all over it. So I don't think they are overplaying their hand. I can only hope that they ask her to step down. Soon. Ok, now.

On the bright side, I really don't think it's possible to find a worse replacement. But then again, I'm sure they (the libs) will do their best to prove me wrong.

Old 05-18-2009 | 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

They could get someone like Dennis Kucinich to replace her. He makes Polosi look downright sane.

Old 05-22-2009 | 06:01 AM
Pro Rider

You can sure tell what the national media thinks about dumping Pelosi! The story seems to have been dropped like a hot potato! They moved right on to that mean Dick Cheney!

Old 05-22-2009 | 07:55 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Gotta laugh when the liberal media is saying Chaney should be quiet.

Any of them tell Bill Clinton or Jimmy Carter to STFU?

Heck, I did.

Old 05-22-2009 | 12:24 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Gotta laugh when the liberal media is saying Chaney should be quiet.

Any of them tell Bill Clinton or Jimmy Carter to STFU?

Heck, I did.
Cheney should shut up for the sake of the Republican party, he is doing them no favors.

As far as Piglosi.....she is full of crap and should either resign or be fired......... this is just another of her many lies.....

Old 05-22-2009 | 12:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by ss97
Cheney should shut up for the sake of the Republican party, he is doing them no favors.

As far as Piglosi.....she is full of crap and should either resign or be fired......... this is just another of her many lies.....

I disagree about Cheney. He is the only Repub that is standing up and fighting back. There is no reason he should shut up when he and Bush are attacked every day by this administration. 0bama needs to man up and quit blaming everyone else. You NEVER saw Bush blaming Clinton for anything when he very well could have blamed 9-11 on him.

I agree with your second comment, though...

Old 05-22-2009 | 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Funny you should mention that, Deedawg. Clinton was called by Sudan when they had Bin Laden in a airliner on their tarmac. Clinton Let Bin Laden Slip Away and Metastasize The Clinton's Justice Department's rationale for not taking them up on the offer was, "we have nothing to charge him with". Somehow, even though he was a wanted terrorist then, they didn't arrest him. I can't picture Bush, Cheney, or Rumsfeld doing the same. Perfect men. No. Better understanding of how to deal with terrorists. Yes.