OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

freedom of speech or privacy rights??

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 06:17 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default freedom of speech or privacy rights??

what do you guys think...?

"freedom of speech"

or

"right to privacy?"

Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard - Yahoo! News

Old 06-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well both would be nice if we're in a perfect world. Who is telling the truth in article, would've been Dad or Mother who lost the child during pregnancy.. Double edge knife if you ask me

Old 06-08-2011, 09:07 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm all for free speech- but medical information about a patient is private. This should've been an issue between the "to be" father and the mother- not america. I feel if the father wanted to voice his opinion on abortion issues- he could've without exposing his ex-gf's decision to have an abortion.

my heart goes out to the little fella who never had a choice

Old 06-09-2011, 07:13 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Saw that earlier and was reading the comments. Sometimes, that alone is better than the story.

But, he should remember it's free speech when she puts a billboard up questioning the size of his manhood.

I prefer free speech, but I would also prefer it being used with good taste.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I don't care for the guy's tactics, but, biologically speakng, half of the child that was miscarried or aborted was him. It irritates me that the mother can decide if the child is going to be born but the father has no say after conception. The mother is an incubator in the lowest physical sense. To say, "It's my body", is not entirely true. The baby is also partly the father's body. Just a messed up pair of people and a little guy or girl who had to pay the price for the parents sin. To sum it up, he shouldn't have put it on a billboard at least to have some class. If she aborted it and it wasn't a miscarriage that is worse in my mind. I think murder is a lot nastier than someone spreading your private information around. That little guy or girl had one chance at life and it's now gone.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like free speech to me. He never mentioned her by name nor did he use her likeness - he used his own. How is anyone to know who he was talking about other than their own small circle of friends? She caused more exposure to herself by complaining.

If a person truly looks at it from both points of view I think they would need to side with him.

His view - she murdered his child. Like it or not that is how he feels.

Her view - he called her out after she had a legal "medical procedure."

Which one is more grievous?

Old 06-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
Looks like free speech to me. He never mentioned her by name nor did he use her likeness - he used his own. How is anyone to know who he was talking about other than their own small circle of friends? She caused more exposure to herself by complaining.

If a person truly looks at it from both points of view I think they would need to side with him.

His view - she murdered his child. Like it or not that is how he feels.

Her view - he called her out after she had a legal "medical procedure."

Which one is more grievous?

Old 06-11-2011, 11:43 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

IMO that there is a "legal medical procedure" and that makes it "alright" Just a cold legal way to murder!
What's next, guys holding up posters ALL OVER the states saying: Get your "medical marijuana cards here" like my son saw recently in California? Just get the card and go to a pharmacy and by dope legal?
I'm a "boomer", supposedly the "enlightened" turn on,tune in,drop out generation,but not all of us believe in making everything legal just because someone wants to! Decline of morals,indifference to others feelings,lack of respect for the established laws of the land,just another Roman Empire on the way to ruin. AGAIN just an old boomers opinion! OPT

Old 06-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
IMO that there is a "legal medical procedure" and that makes it "alright" Just a cold legal way to murder!
What's next, guys holding up posters ALL OVER the states saying: Get your "medical marijuana cards here" like my son saw recently in California? Just get the card and go to a pharmacy and by dope legal?
I'm a "boomer", supposedly the "enlightened" turn on,tune in,drop out generation,but not all of us believe in making everything legal just because someone wants to! Decline of morals,indifference to others feelings,lack of respect for the established laws of the land,just another Roman Empire on the way to ruin. AGAIN just an old boomers opinion! OPT
Well said. You ought to come to Massachusetts to see how far down the tubes a society can go morality-wise. It's sad, that the seat of the American Revolution has become the seat of the American Revulsion.