OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Drug Rights

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
What about other "recreational" drugs?

As I stated before, anyone that abuses any drug or alcohol or anything else
needs to be responsible for their own actions and pay there own way and then the problems we face will take care of themselves.

Note to moderator.....the ads on this program have gotten so bad they cover up the content of the messages people are trying to post. If this continues I will be forced to look elsewhere. I refuse to read or connect with any sponsor that has there ad cover up what I am typing so I can't even read it.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:20 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
As I stated before, anyone that abuses any drug or alcohol or anything else
needs to be responsible for their own actions and pay there own way and then the problems we face will take care of themselves.

Note to moderator.....the ads on this program have gotten so bad they cover up the content of the messages people are trying to post. If this continues I will be forced to look elsewhere. I refuse to read or connect with any sponsor that has there ad cover up what I am typing so I can't even read it.
What ads? I use Adblock Plus and there aren't any. I use it on Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer and it's totally free. I'm not sure if they make it for other browsers but most people use one of those anyway. https://adblockplus.org/

Old 09-10-2016, 09:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I tried the adblock and it does work, once I restarted my computer. Though for some reason I can't get the posts to be the full width of the page anymore. Its as if the space for the ad is still there and won't let the posts use it. There may be a way to change the page settings but I don't know how to do that.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:13 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Been using Adblock for years now. Check your computer settings menu. Should be a zoom in and out bar that you can place in your tool bar to resize the page. I've had to do that a lot.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Ok, I just assumed the change in the way the posts are shown was an update from the website.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Been using Adblock for years now. Check your computer settings menu. Should be a zoom in and out bar that you can place in your tool bar to resize the page. I've had to do that a lot.
Changing the zoom just makes the font bigger as I just found out. It doesn't make the posts take up the whole page as they did before. Its not a big deal, was just happy to get rid of the ads. Those were annoying.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any of y'all still think making marijuana legal is the way to go?

I know this - there are still many high pay jobs going unfilled because people can't pass a pee-pee test...

Old 09-12-2017, 12:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this - there are still many high pay jobs going unfilled because people can't pass a pee-pee test...
I think it's more an issue of insurance than legality. Even if pot were legal, insurance companies would not cover companies that employ druggies. And those who don't use drugs value themselves higher than the "high pay" that isn't high enough in this age of prosperity and education.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JustRandy
I think it's more an issue of insurance than legality. Even if pot were legal, insurance companies would not cover companies that employ druggies. And those who don't use drugs value themselves higher than the "high pay" that isn't high enough in this age of prosperity and education.

Insurance will certainly have a hand in this, especially if on the job accidents show a high (no pun intended) number of "victims" with THC in the blood.

Another issue is people cannot get or maintain a security clearance if the pop on a urinalysis.

Old 09-12-2017, 01:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Insurance will certainly have a hand in this, especially if on the job accidents show a high (no pun intended) number of "victims" with THC in the blood.
Yup, some companies have even banned smoking tobacco because of insurance requests. That reminds me when I first moved here, my homeowners insurance was cancelled because of an old barn I have. I said, "Can't you just NOT insure the barn?!?" I'm not sure what I would have done had they insisted I tear down the barn or bring it up to code. It just goes to show the incredible amount of influence insurance companies can have. They'll never allow pot smokers to work decent jobs or pursue any normalish life and that's completely independent of its legality.

Btw did you see the nurse who was arrested for refusing to draw blood?
Shocking video shows nurse arrested on the job - CNN Video

Another issue is people cannot get or maintain a security clearance if the pop on a urinalysis.
I'm not sure more than a pulse is required for security clearance lol NSA Leaker Called Trump A "Piece Of ****", Is A Fan Of Bernie Sanders | Zero Hedge

Reality Leigh Winner is the 25-year-old woman who stole “Top secret” documents from the National Security Agency and leaked them to The Intercept.

But anyway, back on topic, this hit the wires today:

Job Openings Soar To New All Time High US Job Openings Soar To New All Time High | Zero Hedge

That article cites this one: An Ohio Factory Owner Is Eager To Hire Workers, There Is Just One Problem... | Zero Hedge

According to WTVR, an Ohio factory owner said on Saturday that although she has numerous blue-collar jobs available at her company, she struggles to fill positions because so many candidates fail drug tests. Regina Mitchell, co-owner of Warren Fabricating & Machining in Hubbard, Ohio, told The New York Times this week that four out of 10 applicants otherwise qualified to be welders, machinists and crane operators will fail a routine drug test.

Inside The Opioid Crisis: Inside The Opioid Crisis: What The Mainstream Media Won't Let You See | Zero Hedge

Princeton professor and former Obama White House economist Alan Krueger is out with a Bookings paper titled: Where Have All the Workers Gone? An Inquiry Into The Decline Of The U.S. Labor Force Participation Rate. In the report, Krueger gives it his best to correlate the “mushrooming opioid crisis in the U.S. since the early 2000’s” in connection between the use of “pain medication and opioid prescription rates” with the declining labor force of prime age males.

There are much larger trends at play and the opioid crisis is just a symptom of extreme wealth inequality in the United States.

That is the heart of the matter.

A friend of mine said his company has 30-40 openings continually and they pay almost twice the minimum wage. I simply said "raise the pay and you'll find workers." The minimum wage hasn't keep up with inflation and twice the minimum is not a living wage.

On one hand qualified workers don't want to work for the peanuts being offered and the druggies who would agree to work for the peanuts, they aren't good enough.

As the division of wealth continues, expect to see an exacerbated drug problem and increased suicides. People don't want to work for peanuts and they shouldn't have to.

2,000 Years Of Economic History (In One Chart) | Zero Hedge

Quick Reply: Drug Rights