Need Advice on a cargo trailer

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice on a cargo trailer

I am looking for a enclosed trailer 8x20 inter., I have found two places that are very close in price....But they are different Brands....Does anyone know anything about this subject?...I talked to a guy who bought a fith wheel in Florida but they don't make them any longer and also I have decided to go with a bumper pull.....I had also thought about buying a used one but can not seem to find one.....

Old 07-22-2003, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

I've shopped around in Minnesota. The prices are all about the same, until you compare brand names. The brand that I like is H&H. There's no screws or rivets on the outside. The overall quality seems to be a step above the others I've looked at. I'm sure there's some brands that I didn't see, and one of them may be better than H&H. As for what I've looked at, it's H&H.

H&H Trailers

Try this link to find a dealer. The pictures on their site aren't very good. They don't do their trailers justice at all.

Good luck!

Old 07-23-2003, 01:44 PM
Ol
Range Rover

I have two trailers:
a 22 foot RV trailer and a 10 foot cargo trailer in which I store and move my orchestra equipment (electronics, PA, music library, stands, etc) I've pulled the RV about 10,000 miles. I've had the cargo trailer for 8 years and it gets used every week at least once - but the trips are shorter.

Here are my conclusions:
5th wheels are easier to hook up and do take up 'some' - but NOT all of your truck bed space.
5th wheels are easier to back up

Both of my trailers are standard pull trailers (not 5th wheel) - I'd buy the same thing again (although there are some advantages to a 5th wheel RV)

On your Cargo Trailer:
Mine is a Wells Cargo. It is VERY well made and has held up and performed beautifully. I recommend the brand.

If you value what you're hauling, buy QUALITY. It'll last longer, give better service and have much better resale value.

Old 07-23-2003, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

I just spoke with a guy that offered me a real good deal on a 20x8 Haulmark...I think I am going to go with this brand unless anyone knows of any bad things about this brand.....I have not seen a Wells Cargo dealer anywhere around here...Although I do have to order the trailer b/c they do not have one in stock....Thanks for the info guys!

Old 07-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Ol
Range Rover

I looked long and hard at a Haulmark.

The Haulmark appeared to be well built but, for me, the Wells Cargo, was better made, had more features, and was only a wee bit more expensive than the Haulmark.

Go for it. The Haulmark shoud serve you well.

Old 07-24-2003, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider

I have a 7x16 Haulmark and I have had ZERO trouble with it. It is 4 years old now. I use it for sleeping in a lot while camping, I wish I would have got it with an RV type side door.

Old 07-24-2003, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

The RV type door is a must I think I noticed that when I was looking at them there was no way to hold the other shut with out it. I just had a guy from continental call and beat the price that Haulmark...Thye only have the trailer in white but he said he would even bring it to me....I love buying stuff![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2003, 01:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

The problem with H&H and the smooth walls is that if you ever need any dent or repair from regular use, it will cost you a TON of money since the walls are glued together, not bolted.

I think the best quality and priced trailer in the industry is the Interstate West trailer. You might want to check them out at www.interstatewest.com.

It is tight as a drum and great for desert sports and as long as you don't keep the vents open, it will keep the sand out. When buying a trailer, try closing it up in the daylight and see how much light come into the trailer. When that was shown to me in an Interstate Trailer, it was pitch black. I was impressed for sure.
steven

Old 09-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

I went ahead abd bought a 8x20 connt. and I have it almost finished ....So far it seems to be a good trailer pulls real well!

Old 09-07-2003, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Didn't notice this earlier; but Roy and Kathy @ www.cardinal-sales.com are hard to beat on pricing and are fine folks as well.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on a cargo trailer