Rude neighbors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rude neighbors?

i think he's talking to me. also i think he's a tree hugger.

Old 08-07-2003, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

some of the replies here confuse me

I ask, do you like hereing someone elses noise when you are in YOUR house that YOU paid for? Do you want to hear some kid illegally riding up and down the road on a piped bike?

If you say yes, then I ask you, would like someone with a 150db competition sound system sitting at the end of your driveway, playing bass so loud it rattles your windows?

IMO, they are 2 in the same.

I want peace and quiet in my home, PERIOD.

I had a neighbor who had a Harley, he would crank it, and ride off, he never drove it back and forth around the neigborhood. If he had to do work on it and leave it running, he would always let me know first. It's called courtesy

and believe me, I am about as far from a tree hugger as you can get. I say, go pipeless with a 2 stroke if you want, just do it in a riding area so I don't have to listen to it

Old 08-07-2003, 02:36 PM
Default Rude neighbors?

kraw i wasnt talking to you i was talking to blackballed. he has a problem with everything.

Old 08-07-2003, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

I think Kraw is talking to me. Just to let you know, I don't go fast down the road. All the other people on the street see me slow down and pull the clutch in so it goes down to an idle and they appreciate it. They smile and wave. I only go down the road once every few days, and I guarantee that they cannot hear my quad inside their house. Meanwhile, this woman that runs me into the ditch every time she sees me is letting her dogs run loose around our property where they eat our cat food and make all four of our dogs bark in the middle of the night while not slowing down at all when I'm cutting grass next to the road which leaves me literally in a cloud of dust and lets her kids blast up the road at whatever time of day shaking the house with their "music"? Who's being inconsiderate?

Old 08-07-2003, 04:07 PM
Default Rude neighbors?

Originally posted by: Kraw

and believe me, I am about as far from a tree hugger as you can get. I say, go pipeless with a 2 stroke if you want, just do it in a riding area so I don't have to listen to it
thats what he said because i said i think he's a tree hugger and i was talking about blackballed.

Old 08-07-2003, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

aaah good topic. Im 15 years old and I often times TRY to ride on my road, but neighbors always come over and complain to my dad. I have a piped 2 stroke by the way, so its pretty loud. But before you think im a kid that races around the streets, read on. The neighbors on the left of me have dogs that bark constantly. Every night i try to sleep, i hear those dogs barking and barking. Then she has the nerve to come over and complain. Now the neighbors on the right have 9 kids (seriously) and the oldest one is like 14. They are always outside shouting and screaming. They wake up at like 5:00 am and they wake us all up. Now the neighbors 2 houses down to the right of us, they have a retarded rooster that they enter in fairs to win prizes, BUT it constantly makes noise, all hoursof the day, not just in the morning. PLUS, they have a 17 year old kid that has friends with rice rocket cars that race up and down the road. Every time his parents are gone he has parties with loud music and people shouting and such. Now, i live on the dirt road, and there are other dirt roads around here i ride on, but when im riding i drive slow, i dont go racing around, im just out slow but having fun. They also say i make too much dust but cars around here are always speeding around and kicking up WAY more dust then me. These 3 neighbors always complain, but my dad tells me to ignore them because they make more noise then me, so thats what i do, ignore them. They have not called the cops yet but the day they do ill just tell him the noise they all make. ok, im done typing. sorry if there are typing errors but i dont feel like reading it all.

Old 08-07-2003, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

AKracer, you and me are having thr exact same problem. Sounds like you've got it a little worse than me though. It get's annoying when you're 15 and everyone automatically assumes because of your age that you have no brain and that you ride to fast and do stupid reckless things on a quad.

Old 08-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

LOL, yea thats what my dad says. He says that people see me, a teenager on a 4 wheeler and automatically think im causing trouble. yea, when i read your story i thought it sounded a lot like mine.

Old 08-07-2003, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Same with me, I'm 15 too, and when I say I have a 4-wheeler people automatically think I'm wreckless and careless and all that. My old neighbor wouldn't let me ride on his land, but he would let the neighbor on the other side of him ride just b/c we was 30 something and I was 13 at the time. And as for the having no brain thing, I can sometimes see why people think that about me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img], I'm not wreckless, I have just done some pretty crazy stuff b/4.

Old 08-07-2003, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

AK, sounds like your dad is a pretty smart fella. I wouldnt worry bout the neighboors, only what you dad does. If he says ignore them... then id take that advice. Sounds like he will back you up anyhow when it comes right down to it.

Quick Reply: Rude neighbors?