Rude neighbors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rude neighbors?

blackballed what exactly do you do for a living i could not imagine you in reall life, also where do you live? it cant be in the united states and if you do what country are you from??...i ask this because you are very different from all the other users here and your acting like martin luther king jr. preachin about how we should start a revolution for good deeds and obeying laws....also i dont think it matters how good example you are to your kids if they go to any school there gonna get the same thing from other kids, especially public!!.....i think the only way to make blackballed happy is to not have any kids so that way we cant be a bad example to them...am i right? .....blackballed you need to chill out with this revolution or w/e your trying to start and step into reality!!if your tryin to teach us morals go to some other forum and tell everyone how dumb they are for not wearing helmets or anything to protect their head...actually!!!...why dont you go into a harley forum or a hells angels forum and tell them how good helmets are and that your from the devil if you dont wear one!!!....i wanna hear the reaction to it!!....i think you like to stir up things for enjoyment and, i gotta give it to you u made me type this long *** post besides i think that you need a mixture of good and bad inorder to get through life.....you should run for governer and see what happens to the state...... it would not be a good outcome!!

Old 08-12-2003, 04:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

I've just added wood splitters and chain saws to my list of things that need mufflers. Darn neighbors!

Old 08-12-2003, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

[quote]
Originally posted by: 4wheelerjunkie
blackballed.......where do you live?

"junkie".........if you'll look at my signature......Michigan joined the union in 1837 and I'm sure you can get one of your teachers at school to help you find "Kalamazoo" on the map........

("junkie"):
"...it cant be in the united states and if you do what country are you from??...""

Again, ask your "Mom" or your favorite teacher to tell you why we "capitalize" the word "United States" and then have them explain to you that if I "do" live here...........that would actually be the country I am from. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"why (i) ask this (is?) because you are very different from all the other users here and your acting like martin luther king jr. preachin about how we should start a revolution for good deeds and obeying laws...."

You know, junkie; I noticed the fact that things were being said up here "also" that were very "different" than what I would want my children to be exposed to.......things like breaking the law, telling off cops and just being generally inconsiderate of others.......aren't you glad that there have been a few people on here who have had the ***** to just come right out and straighten some of these (what else can you call them but "punks") 'out'?
People such as this make me proud to be an American........one who knows it takes WORK to rid our society of the "gangsta" attitude that seems to have taken over our youth's minds.

"....also i dont think it matters how good example you are to your kids if they go to any school there gonna get the same thing from other kids, especially public!!....."

You are truly an eloquent voice for the next generation, junkie........that sentence is so deep and compelling that I don't even think I could ever possibly come up with a comment for it......I'm tellin' you folks........listen to this guy and LEARN !!!......."junkie" is truly the voice of our future!!!

"...(i) think the only way to make blackballed happy is to not have any kids so that way we cant be a bad example to them...am i right? ....."

"WOW".....you're right on the money, junkie.....don't stop now........give us some 'more' of your pre-teen wisdom!

"...i think that you need a mixture of "good and bad" inorder to get through life...."

You have to be one of the most intensely introspective individuals I have ever come across, "junkie"..........forget everything I ever said!...........this young person truly believes all this......and (by God) the rest of us should be hanging on his every word from here on out!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Anybody ever get the idea that we are in more trouble than we might ever have guessed?

Old 08-12-2003, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
I've just added wood splitters and chain saws to my list of things that need mufflers. Darn neighbors!
Coyote,

Do you split wood and run your chain saw to enhance your survival on this planet and/or make a living.........and how does that compare with putting a loud pipe on your atv to go out and "recreate"?

Sounds like one is a necessary evil........while the other is making an evil "necessary" by somebody's selfish and inconsiderate behavior. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2003, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Originally posted by: Braty
Originally posted by: Kraw
Originally posted by: Braty
After 8a.m......before 9p.m....nieghbors don't like it? They can move.
oh, and these are "THE" rules, or just yours? What about people who work overnight for a living and have to sleep during the day, is it ok for them to ride their bikes at night, on their off time? Just because you are sleeping, that means nothing, right?

Kraw, maybe you should read my whold post before jumping too high. I said there are exceptions and that a sincere request goes a long way. If I am out on a Sat. morning with my quad and my nieghbors are up and their day has begun, or it is 5p.m. on a Wednesday and they are making dinner or whatever, and they are unhappy with the noise I am making...they can kiss my a**. Now , if I have a nieghbor who I know sleeps during the day...or a nieghbor with a baby who sleeps all day, I am not going to be bit*c and play. I do have respect for others. It is the lonely, sad, unhappy people who like to complain because they have nothing better to do who can move if they don't like it.

Have a nice day!

Oh, and by the way...I spent three years working a grave night shift, so my bed time was 5a.m.....and I did deal with a lot of noise from nieghbors who did not give a damn!I survived!
I did read your post, it said people with new borns are the exception. I'm not ragging on you, just trying to make people think. If people would stop and think about what they are doing and how it may affect the people around them, things could/would be better. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

But this comment "and they are unhappy with the noise I am making...they can kiss my a**. " really gets to me. If the same was happening to you, I bet you would be pissed off too, and would probably get pretty hot if you asked them to stop and they told you to kiss their a$$. Are ATV's meant to be ridding in neighbor hoods? I know in La, it is illegal, ILLEGAL, to ride an ORV on the road or w/in 50ft either side. That is breaking the law.

Once again, not ragging on you, just trying to make people think [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Blackballed, nice post (the really long one) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Saved me some typing

wanted to add one more thing, I do NOT live in the suburbs by choice. I work for the City of New Orleans, and we are required to live in Orleans Parish or w/in 10 miles of the airport. There are no rural areas w/in 10 miles of the airport [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I would move to Fluker/Kentwood area in a heartbeat if possible. I grew up on 120 acre farm, no neighbors, everyone knew each other. Living in the 'burbs is like a kick in the nuts, I hate it here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2003, 12:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rude neighbors?

Ok, In Mass between dusk and dawn your nieghbors have no effect on what you do on your land. You can cross roads on an OMV if you are 16 1/2 yrs or older, and you have to stay 150 from someones home.

I say, if you got cool neighbors, be nice to them, their hard to fine. If your nieghbor is a major dick, ride when ever.

Old 08-12-2003, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

I'm with Blackballed. Good post brother. If we all just took a second to think about how our actions affect others around us, and then tried to come up with another way to do something to minimize that ... it would be much nicer.

I see they way teens way up here in Newfoundland are behaving compared to when I was their age and it scares me to think of what my own sons (2-1/2 and 5months) are going to be dealing with when they are teens. There seems to be a new age where nobody is given respect; not teachers, not seniors, nobody.

With regards to loud pipes .. my cousin has a c/t (??) pipe for his 250X honda, and the residents of the town where he was riding found it to be too loud (it was pretty loud I must say) so he took it off. It wasn't worth it to him to have everyone pissed off at him for a small performance gain. He is not a racer where he depends on extra power to carry him through .. he just wanted a little more kick, but he realized that his one small gain was to the detriment of many others' peacful surroundings. Basic consideration. He still has the pipe and it's a jiff to install, so if he wanted to put it back on for a blast in a nearby pit, he's well able to, but he just doesn't bother.

For my own ends .. it's illegal to ride on the streets in my town, but if I don't, I have to load and go with the truck. I carry liability insurance on my quad and even though it has a "performance" pipe, it's not loud if you're just putting along, which is what I do when in residential areas. Once I'm away from there .. givver hell!! And I always wear a helmet when riding. It just doesn't make sense not to wear one.

There are lots of "punks" around here too that don't give basic consideration to trail walkers and other riders. They are not all teens either .. there are some that are well into their late 20's and mid 30's even. They refuse to slow down when passing pedestrians and other atv'ers, flinging dust and rocks wherever they go. I'd like to see those people banned from ATV'ing until they learn some common decency.

Anyhoo .. that's my rant.

Peace out guys and try to enjoy life ...

Old 08-12-2003, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

People who refer to "teens" as though every teenager is a criminal are short sighted and ignorant. Maybe that's what makes some teenagers not care about what adults say, because they won't get any credit for doing the right thing anyway. Now personally, I go to a private school, respect my elders, make good grades, and just happen to ride a sport four wheeler. Maybe we should start referring to "those darn adults", because they must be inconsiderate if they ride a fast quad. I'm sorry, just had to get that out. And blackballed, I've been trying extremely hard not to say anything about your superior attitude towards everyone who doesn't fit your idea of a "person with perfect morals", but you know what, not everyone is as wonderful as you, and we're not going to drive ourselves crazy trying to reach your level of greatness. Maybe you should go discuss philosophy with Confucius.

Old 08-12-2003, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

NLWarrior,

Thanks for sharing the story regarding your cousin.........you can't blame someone for buying a loud pipe (how many of us have made purchases we later regretted)..........it is what you do afterwards when realizing that your actions are affecting others........that is the true measure of what I'll just call "a true 'man' ".
Couldn't have agreed more with the balance of your post and want to thank you for giving some of these young people up here a different way to look at something that they may have never even considered before this thread was started (looking back, I never should have generalized being a good citizen as extending only to "Americans"!). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

In regards to "trailbreaker".........this quote from your reply above; pretty much is evidence to me of the "victim mentality" which I'm sure is preached heavily among your young friends and when receiving your "diverse" education:

".....People who refer to "teens" as though every teenager is a criminal are short sighted and ignorant. Maybe that's what makes some teenagers not care about what adults say, because they won't get any credit for doing the right thing anyway......"

Nobody implied that every teenager is a criminal. What I 'am' implying, is that there are very few teens out there who are telling OTHER TEENS..........that the type of criminal behavior that they may witness in many of their 'rap' songs and on this sound/trespassing issue as good examples..........should not be glorified or respected. Please don't use "getting credit" (sorry, but you haven't earned much yet) as an excuse for disrespecting what your elders may have to tell you.......it just doesn't work outside the pshycoanalysts office and whatever liberal political party you hopefully don't get messed up in.

Thanks for your response and continue to tell your friends that you don't need "laws" to make decisions for yourself................there are millions of people in this country who have no idea what the acceptable sound level may be in their community...........but they have a pretty good idea that running a loud pipe isn't adding anything to their community that is benefitial to the majority in it.

Old 08-12-2003, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Alright, I give up, you win blackballed. No matter what anyone says, you find a way to dispute it........so, you can say whatever you want about me, even though I have said many times that I run a STOCK PIPE that is quiet. Apparently I took NLWarrior's post the wrong way. Sorry for expressing an opinion[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], it won't happen again. Ya'll have fun.

Quick Reply: Rude neighbors?