Rude neighbors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rude neighbors?

I also hate it when the heating oil truck revs really high to pump oil into the neighbors house. Wakes me every time!

Old 08-12-2003, 10:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Jets! Jets! Did you ever hear those things flying overhead? I feel bad for people that live near airports. I live about 1 hour from an airport and I can still hear the jets when they're miles in the sky. Darn jets!

Old 08-12-2003, 10:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Trains! Trains! Now they are loud. My grandparents live next a railroad and the darn trains shake the house everytime they pass. Loud, so loud that you can't even talk when one passes.

Old 08-12-2003, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
Trains! Trains! Now they are loud. My grandparents live next a railroad and the darn trains shake the house everytime they pass. Loud, so loud that you can't even talk when one passes.
train track is one house away from me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
Jets! Jets! Did you ever hear those things flying overhead? I feel bad for people that live near airports. I live about 1 hour from an airport and I can still hear the jets when they're miles in the sky. Darn jets!
airport is on the other side of the track [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

now, if you want to debate airports and noise, that is another thread. 99% of the airports in operation today were built in non-residential areas. The land surrounding it was cheap, so people bought it up, and started bitching about the noise. They knew the airport was there, they shouldn't have moved close to it.

When I moved into this rent house, I knew it was 100' from a RR track and 1/4 mile from the airport [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I work there, short commute

Old 08-13-2003, 01:34 AM
Range Rover
Default Rude neighbors?

blackballed how did you know a was a ignorant teen? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] You sure are smart blackballed!! I personally think you should start working for a news station or a newspaper..because it seems that you sure do like to twist what other people say into something thats easier for you to understand...<u>WORD FOR WORD!!</u>.....now im gonna tell you truth im 15 years old and im not gonna lie and say ive never tresspassed or ive never rode down a road much faster than i should of but listen i really dont care what anyone else thinks of me i live in the middle of knowhere and i dont think i could of been a bad influence to anyone....you need to take the tampon out of your *** and start thinking about how many kids 10 and under are actually on this site i could not imagine very many and if you think that this is outragous maybe you need to contact the admin's and tell them to put adult content on diff. threads so maybe it would make you happy...i dont even see how you can participate in the www. without freakin i mean do you know how much insane **** is on it?..... now i am im going to criticize the public school system if i want to because what good have they done to the american people besides give them ideas that were already thought of by other people...they read straight out of the books...also books? cmon give me a break books should be long gone by now its been about 20 years since the invention of the computer and i think the school systems are going to need to update there little system a little better...its also corrupt!!!!....i mean cmon i live about 20 miles from a city called E. St. Louis it is a ghetto and they are building a 40.5 mil. dollar school there...except for the fact that the kids that live in the area are burning it down faster than they can build it up!!!...thats insane!!....you must also remember that i live in the "United States of America" also and i do have my right right to freedom of speech meaning that i can say w/e i damn well plz. as long as it does not hurn anyone..do you understand that concept? or have you forgotten it i hope you twist around my words somemore so that there fit for you to give me a good come back!!....it would just be easier if you just shut you mouth and didnt say anything and then there would be no arguing and we could all get along...but im not stoppin you just givin a opinion like you always like to do along with me and many other people but were expressing are right and i dont see a problem with that do you?

Old 08-13-2003, 01:43 AM
Range Rover
Default Rude neighbors?

o ya and the ignorant teen also has one more thing to say i really dont care if &gt;&gt;I LIVE IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!&lt;&lt; as long as I got my quad im happy and if you care if i do &gt;&gt;LIVE IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!&lt;&lt; your gonna need phschiatric help like me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] you sure are fun to argue with blackballed...lol

Old 08-13-2003, 01:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Bagpipes! Now you can't tell me that bagpipes aren't loud and annoying. Anyone know how to setup a decent muffler on bagpipes? Darn neighbors!

Old 08-13-2003, 02:28 AM
Range Rover
Default Rude neighbors?

i feel for you coyotechaser where do you live with all these crazy people i mean bagpipes? my god thats craziness right there lol i figured out how to avoid these problems i have had lately with my neihbors piped dirt bikes....i made a investment and bought me a pair of earplugs it puts me right back to sleep....im more worried about my alarm makin noise than anything else though i never wanna get up!! lol hope you find a silencer for them bagpipes!!

Old 08-13-2003, 03:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

It just seems like there are alot of loud annoying sounds out there. But it seems like people complain more about atv's. I think if there are going to be sound limits then make them across the board. Make everything (mowers, jake brakes, chain saws, harleys, etc.) so they are below a certain level. Everything or nothing! Noise levels are just one way to begin to make limitations on atv's. Another way is to get rid of 2 strokes. I understand that boat motors also have to be a 4 stroke. Why don't they get after the people that produce tractor trailers or dump trucks? They can produce trucks that are better for the environment. There are so many more things that need improving than atv's. I know alot of people like race car racing but if they really want to cut down on noise and air polution then make the cars so they get better than a few miles per gallon. How about decreasing the amount of laps so they aren't poluting for as many miles. Noise? Have you been to a car race? Some people will think:"hey leave car racing alone!". I say:"hey leave my atv sport alone". I don't buy into the idea of atv's not being a necessity. One persons necessity is anothers pleasure. People need atv's for hunting (food source), landscaping, farming, yard work, a local boat sales place uses one to move boats around, disabled people use atv's to get around, police use them all around the country, lifeguards use them, and the list could go on. As far as a chain saw or splitter goes, they are not a necessity for millions of people. I use heating oil. There is no reason they could not improve a chain saw so it doesn't make so much noise. I do understand that there are alot of annoying atv's but there are alot of annoying other things too. My point, don't pick and choose. Either limit everything or nothing.

Old 08-13-2003, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Originally posted by: TrailBreaker70
Apparently I took NLWarrior's post the wrong way. Sorry for expressing an opinion[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], it won't happen again. Ya'll have fun.

Don't worry about it TB .. it was my mistake to use a general term "Teens". That's not correct because a lot of the a$$holes I see around are 20+. It just seems younger people in general these days (I'm not old myself at 33) don't seem to have any respect for anyone or anything.

Vandalism is at an all time high around here, booming stereos in cars, those dang rice rockets with the kazoos on em .. it just seems everyone is looking out for #1 and $crew the rest of the world. It's getting worse on an anual basis and I fear for the world that My children are inheriting.

I have to admit that I look at younger people with their hats on backwards and droopy drawers with more than a little skeptisism (spelling??), but I don't voice the opinion out loud. The few times I've actually spoken to such individuals they certainly seem nice enough .. just a perception I guess.

What bugs me more than anything else talked about in this forum, and it's a much more serious issue than loud pipes and booming stereos which do little more than disturb the peace, is smoking outside of public buildings such as malls, hospitals, offices .. kids and adults alike stand around right in front of the entrances puffing away forcing their nasty foul smoke on others entering and exiting the buildings ... I just think that's so extremely rude and in considerate. If you're outside anyway .. move away from the entrance !!

We all do things we shouldn't .. we just need to step back from time to time and ask "what am I really accomplishing here?" I ride on the roads pretty much whenever I got 4wheeling .. this is because I have to do that, or truck my quad off somewhere and dump it. It's much easier to put down the road. I'm not hurting anyone by doing so, though I am breaking laws. It's the idiots (again, not just young people) who blaze up the road in the dark with no lights on that worry me. Not even so much for the noise aspect, but it's just a matter of time before someone pulls out of their driveway and gets into a collision with the atv riders.

Cyotechaser .. I feel for you having such rude neighbors but remember .. two wrongs don't make a right. Sometimes though, you gotta take a stand and put an a$$hole in his/her place. You can only cooperate so much. What's fair is fair, if you neighbor wants you to cut your noise, then they should be prepared to cut theirs too.

Quick Reply: Rude neighbors?