Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 12:09 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Kenny Bernstein is a Top Fuel racer they dont allow 10 cyl engines in that class.

Old 10-29-2003, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer

Exactly You Can Get Just As Much As Power With A V8 Just As Much As A v10

Old 10-29-2003, 12:12 AM
Trailblazer

Just As Much Out Of A V8 As You Can A V10

Old 10-29-2003, 12:12 AM
Range Rover

just pm me

Old 10-29-2003, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer

NAw I Want To TAlk Some More I Want To See How Much You Know Bet You Didnt Know I WORK And Rebuild Engines

Old 10-29-2003, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

man 8042 your digging yourself deeper. NHRA doesn't run vipers because of some silly rule,not because v-8's make more hp. why is it they don't run top fuel harley's? i mean they kick the pro bikes butt big time, over 200mph in the quarter. to set it straight they do run vipers in NHRA and also in IHRA. the viper i raced had won his division twice. i'm not sure you relize what a dyno is. my supra was dynoed @ 482hp at the rear wheels with out the bottle. i can tell you it has had some mods done to the motor but i will also be honest enough to tell you i'm not sure what all was done. the car was modified when i bought it. i do know the boost controller has be upgraded along with the turbos, intercooler and exhaust. the original owner named the other mods but i've always raced bike and the stuff he named went in one ear and out the other. How can a car the has a claimed 350/375/390hp beat a viper with 500hp? the motor does not react it the driver. i guess if the driver was setting there at the tree with his car idling and had a slow reaction on the light you might get the jump but his hp is going to come on strong and blow by you on the upper end. now for the bike. i can't believe you would have even went there! you would close in on a busa on the top end? off the floor the busa tops out at 198mph. it holds the top speed crown for production sport bikes. a little tunning and an exhaust and it passes 200! Got a question for you. how old are you? does your car hit the bottle? what type of tree were you running when you raced the viper? what type of mods have been done to your car to boost the hp? did you go through jegs and summit and just add up the advertised hp for each part? and you do relize that when you go talking about top fuel funny cars and dragsters your no longer talking production motors? John Force might be running a mustang body but that doesn't mean it's a ford motor under the body same goes for the camaro body's, doesn't mean they are running a chevy motor. nobody but 8042 answer this. How much hp does a top fuel motor put out? and since it seems you know most of this stuff what type of milage do they get? Look friend i'm 39 years old and have been racing since i was 16 some leagal and in the younger days some that were not and from what i hear in this forum your not bluffing anyone. some of your facts are so off that it's making you look bad. and please stop saying my daddy says and my daddy says that.

Old 10-29-2003, 09:57 AM
Range Rover

Gee, that was fun.

Old 10-29-2003, 01:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

TexasPsycho:

I've been lurking (and chuckling at the ignorance of some people) and I find that you are right on in much of what you say.

I do have to tell you that you are mistaken on one point. You said that Cummins is owned by Ford. That is not the case. That is a rumor that has been circulating for a very long time, strangely, its been circulating since Dodge first started putting the Cummins engine in the Ram.
The rumor has, in fact, become SO persistent, that Cummins had to address it on their website. Cummins site

Ford owns Navistar (who builds the Powerstroke) and GM's Duramax is built by Isuzu.

BTW, the Dodge SRT-10 trucks are now being delivered to dealerships. Maxwell Dodge in Austin, TX has four. Here's an interesting thread on those trucks.

Go here

Old 10-29-2003, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

dang rwd4lif! you screwed up my little plan to get something started with the die hard dodge fans. oh well let's see, what else can i stir them up with. I never was sure if they actually bought cummins but there sure were a lot of people saying they did even our local dealership. that was a couple of years ago, rumors can really take off when you got people willing to spread them(I would never do that ?)The rest of that rumor was dodge was going to have to find another motor because for said they would not sell to them and the were going to start installing detroit deisels in their trucks.there has been a lot of talk in our corperate office that the new srt-10 will be on our X-plan. i'm keeping my fingers crossed even though at the time i cna't afford one, braces for my daughter, bgroken leg on my son, blown engine in my wifes car and two surgeries on my back. man has 2003 sucked!

Old 10-29-2003, 01:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Damn, it sure does sound like '03 sucked for you.

The WAS talk of putting Detroit engines in the Rams (The MBE900 engine to be exact) due to the fact that Merced-Benz owns Detroit Diesel. There was also talk of putting Caterpillar engines in 'em. Both plans were scrapped because of the incredible loyalty of Cummins Ram owners (Cummins Rams have one of the highest resale values of ANY vehicle). They figured it wasn't a good idea to **** off that bunch.

As far as the SRT-10s are concerned, they are bound to be scary. The Bowtie boys are sure to be nervous, the SRT-10 only costs about 4 grand more than the Silverado SS and is only available with a 6-speed manual tranny. Unfortunately, I just got word that the SRTs at the Austin dealership were demo models only and not for sale. We'll have to wait 'till December.

Quick Reply: Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv