Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Dodge is Truck of the Year

"Power isn't an important factor for a Truck of the Year nominee--it's critical. Dodge offers five powerhouses for the HD: two muscular gasoline engines and three turbodiesels. Standard fare for the 2500 and 3500 is the new 5.7-liter/345-horsepower Hemi Magnum V-8 mated to a NV4500 five-speed manual gearbox; a five-speed 5456RFE automatic is optionally available. A torque peak of 375 lb-ft at 4400 rpm helps the Hemi pull with the best of the midsize V-8s--especially in terms of 0-60 acceleration (posting an 8.1-second time in our 2500 Quad Cab 4x2 tester).With so much available low-end grunt, the Hemi has the right to claim best-in-class acceleration and towing. "Love the power and rumble this engine makes," wrote Truck Trend Editor Mark Williams in the 2500's logbook. "This is a truck engine."

Hmmmm, I think we have a winner!

Oh, and the 1500 weighs less then the 2500, therefore it is faster.

Old 09-12-2003, 01:51 PM
Trailblazer

Take a look at the latest Truck Trend Magazine. The Ford again kills the Chevy. THEY DIDN'T EVEN ENTER A DODGE BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE A TRUCK TO COMPETE. What good is all the great engine options if you can't even get what you want. Ford wrote the book on trucks...every page.

Old 09-12-2003, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer

Oh, that's not to mention the spine crushing ride on the Dodge. Why does it have to ride SO hard when the Ford/Chevy don't??? I like the excuse that it's a 2500. It rides stupid hard for no good reason.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: uthatch
Take a look at the latest Truck Trend Magazine. The Ford again kills the Chevy. THEY DIDN'T EVEN ENTER A DODGE BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE A TRUCK TO COMPETE. What good is all the great engine options if you can't even get what you want. Ford wrote the book on trucks...every page.
What are you talking about? I see that nowhere.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:10 PM
Trailblazer

The very latest Truck Trend.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: uthatch
Oh, that's not to mention the spine crushing ride on the Dodge. Why does it have to ride SO hard when the Ford/Chevy don't??? I like the excuse that it's a 2500. It rides stupid hard for no good reason.
Desparation sucks huh? Admit it. You got shut down and now all you got is a comment about RIDE QUALITY?? Don't make me laugh. I have to get back to work now. I'll be back on later tonight. Hopefully you can come up with something better then that by then. Maybe another lame excuse why the Dodge Ram was named Truck Of The Year and Ford was not!

Old 09-12-2003, 03:14 PM
Trailblazer

That was in ADDITION to the truck have a weak motor. I'm simply commenting on addition things that makes the Dodge suck. How do you figure I got "shut down"? I'm not the one that has less hp & torque. You are doing a damn good job of ignoring reality, but just because you got suckered into a Dodge, doesn't make them better. Ford has more combinations, more available hp, more available torque, you name it. There is not one area where Ford can not whip Dodge. Why do you think Ford sells over twice the amount of diesels as GM & Dodge combined? Who makes the fastest truck there is?

Dodge got the Truck of the Year because it is SUCH an impovement over the prior clunkers. Does anyone really care who the Truck of the Year is anyway? And if you do, name me the winners of the last five years. I live in reality, where Ford sells the most, works the best, and has all the bases covered.

Old 09-12-2003, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, you got shut down. You are voicing your OPINION, while I am providing test results and sources of where I am getting my info. All you are saying is, "Well, I have owned all of them and Ford is the best." and "Well, Ford sells more, so they are better." Suuuure. Gee, I'll bet Ford sells a ton more cars then Ferrari, but that doesn't make them better. Your the one that needs to come back to reality. Back your opinion up. Prove me wrong.

Weak motor? Straight from Motor Trend Magazine: "With so much available low-end grunt, the Hemi has the right to claim best-in-class acceleration and towing. "Love the power and rumble this engine makes," wrote Truck Trend Editor Mark Williams in the 2500's logbook. "This is a truck engine."

Please explain to me how the Hemi is weak when it has best in class accleration and towing. And I do believe Ford's 5.4L is in the same class.

"Dodge got the Truck of the Year because it is SUCH an impovement over the prior clunkers." Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for the chuckle.

So when are we gonna race?

Old 09-12-2003, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would anybody buy any Chrysler product? Do they cost that much less than the others? Truck of the year, now that makes it better than the others, doesn't it. I have no doubt that the Cummings isn't a great engine, but Dodge doesn't make it do they? And they don't make a truck to put it in let alone handle the power it puts out.

Truck of the year. Are any of the ATV's of the Year the best ATV on the market?

"Love the power and rumble this engine makes," wrote Truck Trend Editor Mark Williams in the 2500's logbook. "This is a truck engine." Now all Dodge needs it a truck to put the fuel absorber in.

A brand new 2500 still rides like a 1968 w300 4x4, "like a rock!" Sorry Chevrolet for using a good line.

If the Dodge Cummings and Hemi are such a great trucks, and dominate all other trucks, why are they the worst selling?

Why does it take Dodge 488 ci. to keep up with Ford's 330 ci. in a Lightning? Did you know Ford SVT has a 2004 Lightning with a 5.4L that produces 500 HP and 500 ft.lbs. of torque? And a transmission to handle it! Now what is Dodge going to do? Build a 699 ci. V-12? Where will they get a transmission? Does Mitsubishi have one on the shelf they can let Chrysler use? Will Chrysler ever have a transmission? Will they ever hire an engineer who can fix one of their transmissions, any of them? Or maybe invent a "variable-rate- spring? Probably too deep for Chrysler.

Old 09-12-2003, 05:33 PM
Trailblazer

Preach on... Exactly what I'm talking about. Just because something is someone's latest offering does not make it the best. Look at the Predator (not to knock the Predator, I never rode one). When it came out it was ATV of the year. Now every test seems to knock it for some reason or other. It may be a great quad and the Dodge is a great truck (compared to the last generation) but it certainly is not the best.

Quick Reply: Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv