Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 01:03 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Originally posted by: 8042
Did Everyone The GTO Is Back Also, Its Coming Early 2004. The Specifacations: It Has A 5.7L 350Cid 350Hp/365Ftlb It's Rear Wheel Drive, It's Taking Up Where The Firebird Left Off In 2002 It Will Be A Very Sweet Car According To The Pontiac Motor Division. They Have Pictures Of It On Their Website At Www.Pontiac.com It Looks Pretty Sweet And If You Think The Camaro And The Firebird Was Fast Just Imagine A 35 Hp Increase. If You Go To That Website You Can Hear How The Gto Sounds It Sounds Real Muscular And They Also Have A Clip Of How Fast The Gto Accelerates. I Think This Will Be A True Sports Car Not Quite As Fast As The 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra But It's Right There With It. Take A Look At It I Dont Think Anyone Would Be Disappointed.

But the GTO is also heavy and slow. They haven't gotten it any quicker than 14.4 in the 1/4 and it is being marketed towrds upper 30's/ low 40's aged men with incomes in the 80K range that want a quick luxo car. hence the 32K price tag....

Old 11-10-2003, 01:03 AM
Range Rover

Old 11-10-2003, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gnd111
sounds to me like everything you've had to say is a bull shlt statement so far. in the spring when i go to gainesville for the spring natioanls why don't you meet me there with whatever truck you can muster up, i have no problem hooking to anyone. if i lose i lose, no big deal, can't win them all.
but there isn't a truck built by chevy or dodge with my pulling capacity then the good ol'ford boys.

8042in truck and suv sales ford outsells chevy quite easily. yes chevrolet is the biggest auto manufacturer, with GMC,chevrolet,pontiac,buick,cadilac, where ford only has ford, lincoln and mercury. but the fact still remains that ford had 5 of the top ten best selling vehicles in the united states and chevy has two in the top ten. and ford trucks are the number 1 selling vehicle in the united states and the number 1 selling truck in the world. it is on the top of the ten best selling vehicles in the states, and chevy trucks are number 2 , and dodge doesn't have a single vehicle in the top ten selling vehicles in the states.
this is fact ,not something i made up.

Old 11-10-2003, 02:04 AM
Range Rover

WannabeeKillaBoy... Only idiots tie their trucks together to tear them up. However there is a very well known Mudpit in Lawtey off highway 301 if you want to do some mud bogging on Sunday afternoon.... I am a drag racer by nature so if you want to do that i'll run my Tacoma against you...

And you are correct about the truck/suv sales.....

Old 11-10-2003, 02:06 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: killerkx327
gnd111
sounds to me like everything you've had to say is a bull shlt statement so far.
For instance? Examples please? I have factual evidence of all the things i have said and will post them for you....Internet is a great tool -- use it sometime....KillaBeeWannaBee

Old 11-10-2003, 06:04 AM
Range Rover

This is from USA TODAY....I got it just for you 8042.......

Holding the line on pickups:

•Ram tough. Sales of Dodge's (DCX) updated Ram were up 46% in October. New ads tout the Ram's "Hemi" engine.

•Silver bullet. Sales for the No. 2-selling Silverado were down 6% in October, but Chevrolet (GM) expects to see a sales lift in the first quarter with the launch of a half-ton crew model, says spokesman John Schwegman.

•Towing titan. Nissan (NSANY) will introduce its first full-size pickup Dec. 1. A major ad campaign begins later this month, but current ads promote it as a rival to Ford by touting towing capacity and a 305- horsepower engine.

•Best seller. Ford (F) has stepped up marketing behind the new edition this fall of its F-150, the country's best-selling pickup (and overall vehicle) since 1977. A $150 million marketing campaign is backing the truck's first redesign in seven years.

Sales were up 11.6% in October vs. last year.

The strong month followed a record-setting September, when Ford sold 81,782 F-150s (a 31% boost over last year).

Here some good info on who sells the most trucks. Ford is still number 1, Chevy 2, Dodge 3 for full size.... The proof is in the internet for those that seek it...... And Chevy's sales will continue to be low cause this is the first year ever that Chevy has the ugliest truck on the market!

Old 11-10-2003, 11:25 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: gnd111
Chevy has the ugliest truck on the market!
True and they need to fire who ever did the designing. Have you seen the new malibu? I guess ugly runs in the family.

Old 11-10-2003, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

Ford sells the most trucks because they can't hold up to the slightest abuse so they need replacement more then any other truck on the market. And you know how those Ford loyalists are, their truck could blow up after 1,000 miles, but they'd still buy another Ford.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k But for real, I abuse the hell out of my vehicles. I had a Ford Explorer once. I beat the hell out of it and after 60,000 miles it died. During that 60,000 miles I had to replace the front and rear brakes 3 times, the suspension twice, the 4 wheel drive was shot, windshield broken, frame bent, everytime I came to a complete stop it stalled, some wiring caught fire once, and the paint was peeling off. It was the biggest piece of crap I have ever driven. I was very lucky I got $5,000 on a trade in. And it was only 2 years old. After that experience, I will never trust another Ford again. Sure, the full size trucks could withstand much more abuse then the Explorer, but that doesn't matter. Its in the manufacturing. It was built like crap with junk parts and if they build one vehicle that poorly, then what does that tell me about the rest of their automobiles? They just aren't tough enough for real world use and abuse.

On the other hand, my old Dodge Dakota handled MUCH more abuse then I put the Explorer through. I only had to take it in once for a problem with the front end. It turned out that I got hung up on a tree stump going through about 3 feet of water and there was a chunk of wood stuck somewhere near the front suspension. Next to my BMW, the Dakota was the most reliable vehicle I owned. I just got the Ram and have been putting it through some rough stuff, but I want to wait till I have more then 5,000 miles on it before I start to really beat on it. IF it craps out like my old POS Ford, then I guess I'll have to go with a Chevy next.

I've always liked Chevys. They are great trucks. But they are too slow for my taste and they are UGLY as hell. Plus, whats with the interior of the Chevys? They are TRUCKS! NOT LUXURY VEHICLES!! The Silverado felt more like a grocery getter then a work truck. And IMO, leather has no place in a truck. Granted, it is comfortable and plush, but if I want comfort I'll buy a sedan. Ford, Dodge, and Chevy shouldn't offer leather in their Full size trucks. Its too feminine. Too many "creature comforts" is annoying. But they do get good gas mileage and have a good resale value.

I'll stick to my Dodge for now. I have had a good history with them. They have treated me well. I have also beaten the '04 F-150 w/ 5.4L V8, and an '03 Silverado HD w/ 6.0L V8 in drag races. Stock to stock, they didn't stand a chance. I even have a video of a STOCK Ram 1500 Hemi beating a Supercharged Silverado HD 6.0 in a drag race. If any of you want to see it, PM me and I'll send you the link. I sent it to someone on this board. I forget who. But I got no response from that person after he saw it. Probably just too stunned.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

sorry demag but your way off. we have over 500 service trucks in our company and they are all fords. our company tried chevys a few years ago and they stayed in the shop getting transmission, front ends and brakes rebuilt. we also tried the dodge truck which held up a little better but their front ends also wore out in no time. so far the only trouble we have with the fords is brakes. most all of the trucks have tool beds with crains mounted on them. oil field roads are some of the best test for trucks. the mud, ruts and gravel will eat up brakes and front ends. most of the drives abuse the trucks because they don't belong to them. ford has got one of if not the strongest front ends on the market. the only way to tear the front end up on a ford is to bend a i-beam. chevy and dodge has their good points to. as for the leather seats well my excursion has leather seats and i wouldn't buy one without but thats my choice. to say they shouldn't even offer that option is like me saying they shouldn't even offer a bed or a radio? they offer it so people can get a truck like they want. i haven't said anything lately because this thread is out of control. what i have been reading lately is just some folks arguing about nonsense. i used to be one of those hard headed die hards that would argue until my face was blue but guess what! the argument never ends just like this thread. nobody will be happy until they make all brands number one and then i doubt if the arguing will stop. people will start arguing about which color is better or something. just give it a rest and enjoy what you drive.

Old 11-10-2003, 01:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

This is all bullsh!t! We have been going in circles over and over about which is better. How about we just ******* talk about something that will make some type of progress. What ever someone says about your fave type of vehicle, just take it into consideration and then pretend like it was never said. A couple of you are saying that Chevy is an ugly truck, well I don't think so, but I just go take a look at the new fords and it makes me feels better. Yes I do think Dodge might have the best looking truck, for now. Actually lets just drop this topic all together. Could someone tell the moderator to come look at this, I dont think it has anything to do with ATV's. You can pull them with any type of truck, just pick one!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv