Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 01:46 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Originally posted by: danpayne
Could someone tell the moderator to come look at this, I dont think it has anything to do with ATV's. You can pull them with any type of truck, just pick one!!!!!!!!!!!
Where do you suggest putting this thread? Its in other ATV Topics and if you will notice in this area of the forum, the threads run from a wide range of to the shoe bomber to putting dogs to sleep.

It was first in the Yamaha section if I remember correctly and I moved it to this area of the forums.

Chet

Old 11-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TexasPsycho
sorry demag but your way off. we have over 500 service trucks in our company and they are all fords. our company tried chevys a few years ago and they stayed in the shop getting transmission, front ends and brakes rebuilt. we also tried the dodge truck which held up a little better but their front ends also wore out in no time. so far the only trouble we have with the fords is brakes. most all of the trucks have tool beds with crains mounted on them. oil field roads are some of the best test for trucks. the mud, ruts and gravel will eat up brakes and front ends. most of the drives abuse the trucks because they don't belong to them. ford has got one of if not the strongest front ends on the market. the only way to tear the front end up on a ford is to bend a i-beam. chevy and dodge has their good points to. as for the leather seats well my excursion has leather seats and i wouldn't buy one without but thats my choice. to say they shouldn't even offer that option is like me saying they shouldn't even offer a bed or a radio? they offer it so people can get a truck like they want. i haven't said anything lately because this thread is out of control. what i have been reading lately is just some folks arguing about nonsense. i used to be one of those hard headed die hards that would argue until my face was blue but guess what! the argument never ends just like this thread. nobody will be happy until they make all brands number one and then i doubt if the arguing will stop. people will start arguing about which color is better or something. just give it a rest and enjoy what you drive.
Notice in the beginning of my post the "[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k"? That means I wasn't serious about that particular comment. It was a joke. Now, the rest of my comments about Ford were serious. I was stating my opinion, NOT FACT. I provided you with MY experience with a Ford product. It was a POS and I will never buy another Ford. And like I said before, if a Dodge I own craps out on me like the Ford did, I will never buy another Dodge. But so far, I have had good luck with them.

About the leather in your Excursion. That is not a Pickup truck. Its an SUV. I have no problem with leather in SUVs. In fact, I prefer it to cloth....in SUVs. I just don't see the point in offering leather in a work truck like a Silverado Heavy Duty, or a Ford F-250, or Ram 2500. You pay anywhere from $1200 to $2000 extra for the leather and it just gets ruined. If you buy a Full size pickup truck to use as a grocery getter or just because you like the way it looks, then leather is ok, but thats not the intended use of the truck. These trucks are built strong and are meant to be abused, not babied.

I've read this thread from the beginning and have participated in a lot of it. I have also given up on the arguing. I am just adding my OPINION. I am still reading this thread mainly because of 8042. I just find his total lack of grammar skills and the "CHEVY IS KING OF ALL AUTOMOBILES" attitude extremely amusing. I literally laugh out loud at most of his posts.

Oh, and BTW.....Silver is the best color, followed by Black.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] lol

Old 11-10-2003, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

One more thing TexasPsycho......do you have any pics of your Supra? Or to be more specific, any pics of the engine? I LOVE Supra Twin Turbos!! And I must say, I am very jealous.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You probably race it right? Have any 1/4 mi times?

I have a couple of Supra videos on my home computer if you'd like me to send them to you. One is a black Supra racing a worked Mustang. It smoked the stang. I also have one of a Red Supra TT on the dyno. It put out 800HP.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Sweet!

Old 11-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

killerkx327.....very nice Tecate. Just one question though> How the hell do you start that 500 with such a small kick start lever??? LOL That must be a pain.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2003, 02:31 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: DEMag
One more thing TexasPsycho......do you have any pics of your Supra? Or to be more specific, any pics of the engine? I LOVE Supra Twin Turbos!! And I must say, I am very jealous.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You probably race it right? Have any 1/4 mi times?

I have a couple of Supra videos on my home computer if you'd like me to send them to you. One is a black Supra racing a worked Mustang. It smoked the stang. I also have one of a Red Supra TT on the dyno. It put out 800HP.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Sweet!

Supras and built Vipers can be tough to run from a roll even with a bigbore bike. The can be decievingly fast. I almost lost to one that had 786 RWHP cause i underestimated it... Never again will i doubt how fast a built Supra can be. I did lose to the Viper that had over 900 RWHP with the 200 pill activated...

Old 11-10-2003, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

naw! i need to quit spending money on toys and break down and buy me a didgital camera. heck any kind of camera as far that goes. i think i am the only person on the planet that doesn't have one. heck lets turn this conversation around and someone suggest a good camera for me to buy. the little supra is pretty quick but it's really cramped for me. i drove to kingsport, tn about five months ago and it was torture. it does pretty good in the 1/4. the best so far is in the mid 10s on the bottle. does really good on a 20 to 30mph stomp. right now somethings not right with it and i think it is in some of the electronics which i know nothing about. i can hear the turbos start to wind up then they seem to drop off then pick back up? it just started doing this, might be in the waste gates but this is the first turbo car i have owned and i know nothing about all the aftermarket controllers on it. i agree that this conversation has gotten completely out of control. i like fords but i can also say i like certain chevys. i owned a 69 rs in high school that i really wish i had kept. but then i also owned a 440 gtx and a 340 duster that i would like to have back. i have owned a 76 ramcharger that was a lot of fun with the top off and even owned a 77 plymouth trailduster that had 40s on it that was loads of fun in the mud. it took me a long time to relize but they all have their good points and if you like a chevy then buy chevy. same goes for ford and dodge. if you buy the one you like then as long as it doesn't give you to much trouble it will be the best truck in the world. also found that how good a truck holds together depends on what you grew up driving. i drove fords and could never get a chevy to hold up to my heavy foot. i have friends that grew up driving chevys and they can trash a ford within a year? just love what you got. i will never knock someone elses vehicle because sometimes thats almost as bad as slapping their wife, some people think it's worse. don't get me wrong there demag i wasn't affended or anything. i to was just making a statment and am not trying to sway anyone either way or down grade their choice.

Old 11-11-2003, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

No But Serious Have You Seen Them? Yet Because If You Havent They Are Small Cars They Are Not Heavy I Will Promise To That Those Cars Are The Same If Not Littler Than The Mustang.

Old 11-11-2003, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: RAPTORYFM660r
Originally posted by: gnd111
Chevy has the ugliest truck on the market!
True and they need to fire who ever did the designing. Have you seen the new malibu? I guess ugly runs in the family.

Well Yeah Thats True But The Silverado If You Would Look At Them Real Real Close I Mean And (Well Like Me) Im Around Them All The Time I Kinda Like The Design Not However, I Did Not Like The New Design At First, But the Best Looking Chevrolet Silverados Were 1995-2002 Those Were The Best Looking Trucks Chevrolet Claims That the Reason They Changed The 1999-2002 Models So Quick Is Because They Looked Like That 86 Model And I Didnt Like Those Silverados But I Did Like The 99-02 Modles. Now To The Malibu Yeah They Are KINDA (This Is My Own Opinion) But they Have There Ups And They Also Have Their Downfalls Like The Front I Like That I Like The Rear What I DO Not Like Is The 3500 200Hp V6 Engine I Think THat It Shouldve Been The 3.4L Or The 3.8L. Last Thing LoL did Anyone Know That Chevrolet Has Came Out With The 5 Cylinder On The New 2004 Chevy Colorados With 220Hp Best Power In Its Class(1). Now Thats Gonna Really throw Some Mechanics For A Terrible Spin I Would Hate To Rebuild That Suck I MAY Could Do It But It Would Be Hard Because Of The Cam Configuration It Has 1 Cam Then Another Little Cam For THat 5th Cylinder. That Would Be Interesting To Tear Into And Look What And How It Was Engineered.

Old 11-11-2003, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

just for the record killerkx's quads are insane. i have seen em with my own eyes and i have seen em in action and theres just no beating em.

anyways the new mustang is going to own the new GTO just like, the 5.0's did with the camaro/firebirds of the 80s.

Old 11-11-2003, 01:10 AM
Range Rover

Last Thing LoL did Anyone Know That Chevrolet Has Came Out With The 5 Cylinder On The New 2004 Chevy Colorados With 220Hp Best Power In Its Class(1). Now Thats Gonna Really throw Some Mechanics For A Terrible Spin I Would Hate To Rebuild That Suck I MAY Could Do It But It Would Be Hard Because Of The Cam Configuration It Has 1 Cam Then Another Little Cam For THat 5th Cylinder. That Would Be Interesting To Tear Into And Look What And How It Was Engineered.[/quote]

What are you talking about? It is a dual overhead cam engine with variable timing on the exhaust cam. 1 cam works all the intakes and one works all the exhaust valves. This engine is nothing more than a 4200 with one cylinder lopped off. There is no little cam working #5, it is however equipped with balance shafts, maybe this is what your refering too? And yes they suck to work on, on the Trailblowser the front gearcase is bolted to and passes through the oil pan, very difficult design to work with.

Quick Reply: Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv